Hotspot

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

i want to have my own hotspot license, so that others can come inside with there laptop and surfwhere to get it, who's the best? what will it cost??advice pleasedo you know if a hotspot can have 50 laptops users in same time??,

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Wally, I am not aware if there is even a license needed to have an open router....... I do not see why there would be unless you were charging for the services, and I found a lot of coffee shops had open routers in Cebu......In order to have a place where people can use your Internet, all you have to do is have an open router....... If you walk around the malls, or even some residential areas, you will find quite a few open routers and you can just log onto them. To have a lot of people on at once, you would need a pretty high capacity connection, and possibly to get that many people on at one time, you might need to have more open routers piggy backed. Pretty easy to do. When you go into the router, it asks you how many users you want to allow at one time, but they would also be limited by the speed of your service. I use a hotspot phone from Tmobile and when we travel or if I am in the malls or walking around outside the US, I can log into some of the open routers and check my messages in the US for free or make calls back to the US for free, but when we are in Cebu, I have my own Internet service in our home, so I rarely have to do that anymore.I do not know if this answered your question or not but I would guess that any open router will provide people at your establishment Internet for free if that is your intentions and the only ones who might care, might be the company that provides you with the high speed, and if you pay them for a lot of users, then they should not mind either.