German Trader Survives Shooting

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Yet another example of how being in business in the Philippines can sometimes lead to death but luckily in this case the man survived.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yet another example of how being in business in the Philippines can sometimes lead to death but luckily in this case the man survived. A 44-year-old German was shot and injured by an unidentified man while he was on his way home in sitio Paula Marie, Barangay Inayawan, Cebu City around 11 a.m. yesterday.The police and his live-in-partner believed that Zarko Ljiljak, also called by his nickname "Freddie", was shot because of the rivalry in his fashion accessory business. For the complete story click here
I like the description of the shooterHe described the assailant as having dark complexion, average height and of medium build. He was allegedly wearing camouflage shorts, dark shirt and a ball cap.Could be someone you know :)

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

Ha ha ha, what a discription,,,,, well lets see that could be............ sad.gif the entire country.....This is a why I am a avid supporter of foreigner's should be able to carry firearms here... I know its a touchy subject, but I will hold my ground. I know personally of two persons who have told me, that hired guns for foreigners are very easy to get... Because they know most all of them dont carry or are not allowed to own a gun... So its a very one sided deal... They can shoot without the fear of maybe being shot back at...I have a very good friend who went to Iraq. He thought he was real bad butt.. He told me they was shooting at insurgent hideouts at will with no resistance. They would drive through places and just pointing the guns and walking bravely down the streets..... Until one day, they had some iraq start shooting back, mirrors flying off the hummer, one guy hit in the leg, windows bursting. He said you seen a bunch of real bad butt marines hiding and running behind things and not moving..He told me it made a world of difference in the way their company performed. He said they was not as ready to start shooting at anything easily, or they was not so bold to just walk down the road like kings... He said it was all fun and they was not scared at all, UNTIL they started shooting back...1391.gif1%20(72).gif