Sending Packages To Cebu

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if anyone has shipped a box from Europe to Cebu and how long it took.  I mailed a package to Charity over a month ago and it still has not arrived.  I did mail it from base so I'm not sure if its going to got routed through the states on it's way to Cebu.  It's not going to be a huge monetary loss if it doesn't make it, I would just like to have some faith in the Philippine postal service should I have to mail something there in the future.Thanks Brett

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

This is not totally the same, but last year I had my mother in the states mail me a box through regular post office, not UPS, or FED EX. It was coming from Kentucky to Cebu... They told us one month or maybe little bit more... Two months later still nothing... I called Manila and give them the numbers off the sending slip... Well took about 5 phone calls and some strong words, but after another week we found out it arrived in manila 27 days after leaving the states and was shipped to Cebu two days after that..... So we then went to Cebu post office.... If you would have seen it... They were mountains of bags, with just small walk ways. I would not be scared to say they was over 500 full bags laying around in piles.. We asked what the problem was.. Answer, they don't have enough staff to keep the packages out.. They only had 4 people working, and looked like to me they was working 10 minutes and goofing off for the next 30 and then work 10 more... But even at that, they was really not enough staff.... So I said I really need that package.. So had to go home call Manila again, get the sack no. and all that info... Went back again, they was too busy to fool with us.. They said they would look into it.. They did find the arrival pile, which was still far back in the line to be processed... So being the street smart guy I am,, I knew it would be forever... So I pulled one of the workers to the side, said " If i could get my package by this evening, I would like to give you a early birthday gift, I usually give all my Friends P 500 for their birth day." That evening got a text to come get my package.. Needless to say, some of the things were broken and the box looked like it been through a war.... So all in all it was about 3 months...One thing I will say, this was about Nov, so the Christmas season could have affected it... As far as packages being stolen and broken into, I think that has stopped pretty much.. I think that is more really controlled now.... So hope this gives you some ideas.... That was the third package I had sent, the other two arrived no problem in 5 to 8 weeks from day they was sent.... One package did have a few small items missing from it.. Nothing major, just some necklaces that i assume worked their way through the broken cracks in the side of the box and was pulled out or broken...

Singers
Posted
Posted
I'm wondering if anyone has shipped a box from Europe to Cebu and how long it took. I mailed a package to Charity over a month ago and it still has not arrived. I did mail it from base so I'm not sure if its going to got routed through the states on it's way to Cebu. It's not going to be a huge monetary loss if it doesn't make it, I would just like to have some faith in the Philippine postal service should I have to mail something there in the future.Thanks Brett
I have not used this company but it may assist you.?Shipper 2 PIUK Tom

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
I'm wondering if anyone has shipped a box from Europe to Cebu and how long it took. I mailed a package to Charity over a month ago and it still has not arrived. I did mail it from base so I'm not sure if its going to got routed through the states on it's way to Cebu. It's not going to be a huge monetary loss if it doesn't make it, I would just like to have some faith in the Philippine postal service should I have to mail something there in the future.Thanks Brett
Hey Brett, things we are concerned about putting in a forex box, we send to from US to relatives on Mactan by UPS. It has always arrived in less than a week. Of course, too expensive shipping costs for the stuff we send by forex, but works well for smaller expensive items or original documents.Tom in Texas

• 4 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Can take 2 months.. Take about the same time with BB boxes out of London to Cebu via Manila. The guy who has rented the apartment we built had something from the UK and I have had stuff I have sent to my wife in the mail service and it just takes forever. Eventually gets here mind when you give up hope.. (2 months..lol)

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

It's been just over 2 months now and still no sign of the box I sent her.  I'm going back to Cebu in August, so at this rate, I'm going to get there before the box does.  :D

Mik
Posted
Posted

Did she check at the post office? When I send something to myself I will put my phone humber with the delivery address so the postal clerk can call me. USPS Priority mail takes about 10 days from the west coast US to Cebu. If you send something by FedEx it will get held up in customs for about a week..