Post Dated

displacedsoul
Posted
Posted

Been looking at rental houses,one of them that seems to suit us is asking for post dated cheque's. Is this normal and is it a safe way to do this,they want it paid 12 months in advance with these post dated cheques.Larry

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Been looking at rental houses,one of them that seems to suit us is asking for post dated cheque's. Is this normal and is it a safe way to do this,they want it paid 12 months in advance with these post dated cheques.Larry
Do you have the facility with your Bank - the issuer of the checkbook - to cancel (stop) cheque's?? should the need arise.!?UK Tomps... Does this resemble the LandLord?? HeHe

post-688-12731365466494_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
I have heard of this and understand it is quite common. I have offen used pre-payment as a negotiating point to lower monthly rental rates as it is one negotiating term that you have. I think the advantage for the lessor is they don't have to chase you for payments. I don't know what your contract says if you end your lease before the term ends. Sometimes there is a fixed number of months you are required to pay. Sometimes you have to pay until they find a new tennant. You can ensure the terms for return of the checks are expressed in the lease. With US banks you can stop checks if needed. I don't know how that works with Philippines banks. I'll have to inquire with my banker.
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

contact your local bank or try to find the rule in bsp.gov.ph what i try to suggest to all,is find a local "LAW BOOK" store, get the necessary info you need civil/criminal ,property. i have done this and its been very helpful to me.Instead of being a " ignorant" foreigner ,i used the rules/laws to help/protect my rights. and yes its common for some business/owners to ask for all rent paid(checks) in advance.