What Have You Done For Others Lately?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

As many of you know I am an American and we split out time between living in the US and living in the Philippines, well at least for now. While in both places I see many different cultures because both seem to be melting pots and unfortunately many of those I see seem to be selfish and do not wish to help others, or are just too busy to think about it, or have never been taught to do something for the fellow man of woman. I always find it refreshing when someone says thank you for a deed I do such as holding a door open instead of slamming it in the next person face and it is my hope that by doing those small acts of kindness that it might rub off on others and maybe we could have a better world because of that.So I ask those of you who read this forum, to think about what you have tried to do for others and if you cannot think of anything then maybe you can start to add some in the future. There are many things we can do to make this a better world and many of those things are simple to do and only take a few seconds out of out lives. ExamplesSaying please, thank you, you are welcome etc to people during our daily livesHolding a door for someone or holding an elevator for someone who is rushing to catch itLetting the next person in line at the supermarket go in front of you when all they have is a couple of items and you have a whole wagon full, or letting a person with a lot of shopping bags go in front of you when lining up for a taxi at the mall when your hands are empty or have very little to carryletting another car into your lane or to go first at a stop signTaking a minute out of our day to help someone to find something, be it information or a product.posting things on a forum that we have learned and that has made our life easier or our transition for a move easier, so that others will find it easier to do themselvesAnd the list probably can go on and on and I have tried to do all the above and more, so I wonder how many others have done similar things and can post other examples in order to show others that it can in fact be done, and what a little kindness can get usI live by the The Golden Rule  (whenever possible to do so) and I wonder if others might think more about taking a minuter out of their busy lives to try to help others and be kind. 

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I do my share!1). I drive slow so that others can get around me so they can save themselves a few car lengths. 2). I give people the right of way crossing the streets even though other vehicles and motorcycles behind me will pass on the left or the right hand shoulder and cut them off or run them over! 3). My wife's two nephews are staying with us while on their summer school break, they have been enjoying themselves, but they will go back home 20lbs heavier and go back to eating their staple diet of fish and rice all over again! The list can go on, but I won't push myself! I'll come back some other day to continue! :agree: :photo-109:

softail
Posted
Posted

Well lets see…what have I done for someone else lately?The other day I was at the local mall taking a break on a couch, an old guy was on the couch opposite me. When he got up and left I noticed that a cell phone was laying on the couch where he had been sitting. I chased him down and gave it to him…he had a big smile.When I go out for lunch or breakfast I always take the local paper with me to read. When I am done eating and sipping coffee I have usually read all that parts that interest me so I look for someone that is there alone and ask if they would like to read the paper. My way of recycling I guess.When I am out for the day I try to go about my business smiling. Its amazing how often people get a little gleam in there eye when someone looks at them with a smile. Sure beats spending the day all serious.11_12_14[1].gif Doug and Sally

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well lets see…what have I done for someone else lately?The other day I was at the local mall taking a break on a couch, an old guy was on the couch opposite me. When he got up and left I noticed that a cell phone was laying on the couch where he had been sitting. I chased him down and gave it to him…he had a big smile.When I go out for lunch or breakfast I always take the local paper with me to read. When I am done eating and sipping coffee I have usually read all that parts that interest me so I look for someone that is there alone and ask if they would like to read the paper. My way of recycling I guess.When I am out for the day I try to go about my business smiling. Its amazing how often people get a little gleam in there eye when someone looks at them with a smile. Sure beats spending the day all serious.11_12_14[1].gif Doug and Sally
Hello Doug,I take that back from my previous post -- I now believe that Sally won the jackpot.I agree, life should be simple as a smile, no need to get serious all day.Respectfully -- Jake

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

What have I done for people lately? I stayed the hell out of their way!23_11_59[1].gif

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What have I done for others lately???Good questionhmm,I know,I sent an Email to person with problems coming his way,just to give him the chance to mend his wrongs.:cheersty:

Travis
Posted
Posted
As many of you know I am an American and we split out time between living in the US and living in the Philippines, well at least for now. While in both places I see many different cultures because both seem to be melting pots and unfortunately many of those I see seem to be selfish and do not wish to help others, or are just too busy to think about it, or have never been taught to do something for the fellow man of woman. I always find it refreshing when someone says thank you for a deed I do such as holding a door open instead of slamming it in the next person face and it is my hope that by doing those small acts of kindness that it might rub off on others and maybe we could have a better world because of that.So I ask those of you who read this forum, to think about what you have tried to do for others and if you cannot think of anything then maybe you can start to add some in the future. There are many things we can do to make this a better world and many of those things are simple to do and only take a few seconds out of out lives. ExamplesSaying please, thank you, you are welcome etc to people during our daily livesHolding a door for someone or holding an elevator for someone who is rushing to catch itLetting the next person in line at the supermarket go in front of you when all they have is a couple of items and you have a whole wagon full, or letting a person with a lot of shopping bags go in front of you when lining up for a taxi at the mall when your hands are empty or have very little to carryletting another car into your lane or to go first at a stop signTaking a minute out of our day to help someone to find something, be it information or a product.posting things on a forum that we have learned and that has made our life easier or our transition for a move easier, so that others will find it easier to do themselvesAnd the list probably can go on and on and I have tried to do all the above and more, so I wonder how many others have done similar things and can post other examples in order to show others that it can in fact be done, and what a little kindness can get usI live by the The Golden Rule (whenever possible to do so) and I wonder if others might think more about taking a minuter out of their busy lives to try to help others and be kind.
I try to do much of the same things you do & I find that a smile & a good morning good afternoon or good evening gets replies & big smiles from a lot of people I meet in the elevator & often gets them talking & I have met some nice people that way & I do not understand why more members who read this forum do not also share their knowledge cuz some of them have to be living here & have lots of knowledge to share that we could all use