Sky Cable Or Dream Satellite

Travis
Posted
Posted

I have cable now & there is not much to watch on tv for me so I am wondering if anyone who has satellite could tell me if it is any better & does it give more channels to watch?

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

Which is better? Watching a DVD is better. Just put up an antenna so the lady of the house can watch Wowowee for free. Buy movies with the money you don't spend on fees..

Edited by Morey

Travis
Posted
Posted
Which is better? Watching a DVD is better. Just put up an antenna so the lady of the house can watch Wowowee for free. Buy movies with the money you don't spend on fees..
thank you sir I already buy movies & I cannot get much local channels where I am & no lady at least not yet thumbs-up-smile.gif

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

if you live in the city or a subdivision you have choices of SKY,HOME, & ROYAL. rates are reasonable, . channel selection . is fair. does have either HBO or .CinemaxInternet connection is available on most services, Speed will vary tho it might be faster than Smart bro/Globe tattoo*****Satellite Providers are DREAM.& CIGNAL .. lf you live in the province or area with no cable service this would be your best option, Only drawback is ,When it rains you lose signal strength.Cignal offers prepay plans from 250.390.590 channels offer is 16/250 22/390 33/590 not including cash out lay for the "box"that varies from 2600,3500,8500Postpaid same plans with 40/990 46/1290 with HD channelscash out lay.. . varies so check the website Dream plans are 390 & 650. will need to purchase the "dish"& box for service. cost is not posted, for more info review their sitescignal.tv dream.

Edited by ed villas

• 2 weeks later...
Patsada
Posted
Posted

DREAM SUCKS !!!Patsada

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
DREAM SUCKS !!!Patsada
Cant disagree with you, as i have not used them in several years,yes it is a Hassle when it rains & you dont have a signal.Can i ask, what issue you had ,so others will be aware.

• 4 weeks later...
MarcManila
Posted
Posted

Hey, newb, first post. I've been Sky Cable subscriber for a couple years now and pretty happy with the service. I had to give them a hard time for a couple months until I finally got the internet speeds I was promised. Tip on that, they'll pull up speedtest d0t net and run a test from Manila. That's useless. How many sites do you surf that are hosted here? Make them run the test from San Francisco. Once that speed registers what you're paying for, then you'll be happy :867: One frustration w/ Sky Cable is they charge a monthly fee per room that has cable which I feel is ridiculous considering it costs them nothing more. I'm not talking about if you rent an additional cable box, just for having the line active. The house I'm in now already had active cable lines in each room and the installer tried to get a bribe for "activating them". I hooked up a TV to each one and said it's on, so no, I won't be paying you a bribe for that. Of course then I watched them like a hawk as they were leaving and sure enough, they tried climbing up on the pole to disconnect the additional rooms which I stopped them from doing. Alternatively, if you don't have connections in your other room, it is cheaper to pay the install guys a bribe than paying Sky Cable monthly. Generally I hate paying bribes but when it's to avoid getting ripped off by a company charging extra for something that costs them nothing, I'll make the exception. If you do pay the install guy a bribe be SURE to get his number in case you ever need anything else :)