Is Your Filipina A Pack Rat

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hi all, Gee over the years, the wife seems to have collected and stored things over the years. Seems to not want to throw any thing away. She does ship a lot things to the P.I. no longer she has use for. over the years I have loaded a few u-hauls trucks with her worthy processions just haul them to the dump. My advise never throw her shoes away, you won't hear the end of it.th_goodidea.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hi all, Gee over the years, the wife seems to have collected and stored things over the years. Seems to not want to throw any thing away. She does ship a lot things to the P.I. no longer she has use for. over the years I have loaded a few u-hauls trucks with her worthy processions just haul them to the dump. My advise never throw her shoes away, you won't hear the end of it.th_goodidea.gif
Hello Joe,Oh yeah, I'm afraid it's a common practice among Filipina wives to collect things forthe big and final move to PI. You would be surprise of the resell value when a localsees a product from USA. But in most cases, the US product was made in China orTaiwan. Go figure.......!Have a nice day -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Thank goodness, NO! As a kid growing up in U.S., my father was the biggest pack rat I have ever seen! When he died of lung cancer(heavy chain smoker) at the age of 57, my brother and I cleaned out the house, garage and back yard of all the junk that our father accumulated over the years! It took 4 large metal dumpster to get rid of all the junk!So, from that experience, my brother and I live a life of not being a pack rat and we both made that clear to our spouses! :cheersty:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi all,             Gee over the years, the wife seems to have collected and stored things over the years. Seems to not want to throw any thing away.              She does ship a lot things to the P.I.  no longer she has use for.             over the years I have loaded a few u-hauls trucks with her worthy processions just haul them to the dump.             My advise never throw her shoes away, you won't hear the end of it.th_goodidea.gif
Just shoes, I have to force her to give away or throw away her old worn out shoes, she always figures that they have at least one more wearing left in them, even when they have already fallen apart. Most other clothing items end up given to her family but her closet is expanding nowadays because I always make her buy more clothing items when we are in the Philippines so we have something in our suitcase on the way back. She seems to protest less nowadays and I used to have to twist her arm but now she will spend a whole p2000 to as much as p5000 total each trip on new clothing items. My former American wife spent that much in equivalent dollars every half hour she was out shopping. 

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

I love shoes, just call me Imelda II  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
redroom5
Posted
Posted
Hello Joe,Oh yeah, I'm afraid it's a common practice among Filipina wives to collect things forthe big and final move to PI. You would be surprise of the resell value when a localsees a product from USA. But in most cases, the US product was made in China orTaiwan. Go figure.......!Have a nice day -- Jake
I remember one familly member begged for a watch from the US. I ended up buying her a Timex from here in the US but made in Phils..............She was still thrilled. Go figurethumbs-up-smile.gif