Finding A Place Tp Live

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

I am an American looking to retire to the RP. Does anyone have suggestions of who to go to to help me find a place to rent or a condo to buy? Are there tours of this sort? I'm morst curious about the Cebu area. Watch should I watch out for? I can visit for a month to do this. I am 59.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am an American looking to retire to the RP.  Does anyone have suggestions of who to go to to help me find a place to rent or a condo to buy?  Are there tours of this sort?  I'm morst curious about the Cebu area. Watch should I watch out for?  I can visit for a month to do this.  I am 59.
I previously made a post Here and there is contact info in there for a nice young man named Angelo who could help you with renting or buying a unit in the heart of Cebu City. You might wish to rent first before buying to make sure Cebu is for you. We like it but not everyone does. The prices have since gone up from those listed so you would have to check with him as to what is still available and at what prices. While Angelo is a very honest young man to do business with, he is not much for computers so phone calls or in person would have to be the way to do business with him and I recommend in person once arranged on the phone. Hope that helps and I am sure he could steer you to other buildings if that one does not suit you, because it is just middle of the road and not top end and we all have different needs and wants. Citylights would be one of the top of the roads and they start at about 8.5 million pesos from what I have been told but they too may have gone up in price since Cebu seems to be a popular place nowadays. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am an American looking to retire to the RP. Does anyone have suggestions of who to go to to help me find a place to rent or a condo to buy? Are there tours of this sort? I'm morst curious about the Cebu area. Watch should I watch out for? I can visit for a month to do this. I am 59.
You might want to consider taking a look at Cebu classifieds to get a feel for renting, Cebu Classifieds.From the information I have gathered over time is the thing to look out for is the Kano price,prices tend to go up once your face is seen. this may not always be the case but seems to be one of the things most mentioned when it comes to renting.

Singers
Posted
Posted
You might want to consider taking a look at Cebu classifieds to get a feel for renting, Cebu Classifieds.From the information I have gathered over time is the thing to look out for is the Kano price,prices tend to go up once your face is seen. this may not always be the case but seems to be one of the things most mentioned when it comes to renting.
Ta Boss Man,Just registered with Cebu Classified as per your LINK. :th_interesting:You may just be beginning to win!! Kind regards,UK Tom :17403:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Ta Boss Man,Just registered with Cebu Classified as per your LINK. :th_interesting:You may just be beginning to win!! Kind regards,UK Tom :SugarwareZ-037:
oh my god, you mean I did some thing right ???? 23_11_59[1].gif :17403:

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

Ok, then, thank you. So they see a Cano and the price goes up what : 20%, 50%? I could bring a lovely 51 year old native of Cebu to play as my gf: would that help?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Ok, then, thank you.  So they see a Cano and the price goes up what : 20%, 50%?  I could bring a lovely 51 year old native of Cebu to play as my gf:  would that help?
New buildings have set price sheets and set discounts, if they refuse to show you the price sheet then you might want to leave. With price sheets, the Cano price will usually not apply. IMO it really will not matter if you are alone or with a Filipina, because either way, she would then be seen as rich if with you, so to beat that, you could send her ahead to get a price and negotiate, and then you can come back with her to complete the deal. 

T.Monk
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ok, then, thank you.  So they see a Cano and the price goes up what : 20%, 50%?  I could bring a lovely 51 year old native of Cebu to play as my gf:  would that help?
New buildings have set price sheets and set discounts, if they refuse to show you the price sheet then you might want to leave. With price sheets, the Cano price will usually not apply. IMO it really will not matter if you are alone or with a Filipina, because either way, she would then be seen as rich if with you, so to beat that, you could send her ahead to get a price and negotiate, and then you can come back with her to complete the deal.
Thank you, Mr. Lee.  I shall send her ahead.  That might be best after one or two forays together.  Thank you for your fast response.  I hope we meet one day and discuss all what had happened with thisDavid. Edited by Mr. Lee
combine posts

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thank you, Mr. Lee.  I shall send her ahead.  That might be best after one or two forays together.  Thank you for your fast response.  I hope we meet one day and discuss all what had happened with thisDavid.
It is my pleasure and that is what we are all here for.  Also it would be my pleasure to meet up with you when we get back to Cebu.  :no:

T.Monk
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thank you, Mr. Lee.  I shall send her ahead.  That might be best after one or two forays together.  Thank you for your fast response.  I hope we meet one day and discuss all what had happened with thisDavid.
It is my pleasure and that is what we are all here for.  Also it would be my pleasure to meet up with you when we get back to Cebu.   thumbs-up-smile.gif
Good enough, man, good enough.  Thanks for now.thumbs-up-smile.gif Edited by Mr. Lee
combine posts