Scientists Question Safety Of Airport Full Body Scanners

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Full body scanners I have to wonder just how safe they really are and if we should allow ourselves to be subjected to them. I know that I would opt for a full body search before going into one of those. How many of you will allow those to be used on you? I guess I wonder how long before it will be used in the Philippines, Korea and other countries where freedom of choice to go in or no will not be given and it will be mandatory.The technology is by no means new, and the Transportation Security Administrations has been using similar technology for years, but only on a very limited basis. Since the first of these machines made it to an airport, the TSA has been very vocal about telling the traveling public that they are 100% safe, and that we have nothing to worry about. Except for the risk of too much exposure to ionizing radiation that is...

Singers
Posted
Posted
Full body scanners I have to wonder just how safe they really are and if we should allow ourselves to be subjected to them. I know that I would opt for a full body search before going into one of those. How many of you will allow those to be used on you? I guess I wonder how long before it will be used in the Philippines, Korea and other countries where freedom of choice to go in or no will not be given and it will be mandatory.The technology is by no means new, and the Transportation Security Administrations has been using similar technology for years, but only on a very limited basis. Since the first of these machines made it to an airport, the TSA has been very vocal about telling the traveling public that they are 100% safe, and that we have nothing to worry about. Except for the risk of too much exposure to ionizing radiation that is...
Next we will be told they are "safe" as living under High Voltage power lines and Micowave, mobile phone, masts when used and maintained properly..... :no: "When I were a lad"...our family transport was a horse and trap. No telephone - telegrams yes - lets turn the clock back!!!:( Ah for the good old days ... simple life .. :( Ha Ha Ha UK Tom

Mik
Posted
Posted

I won't fly. I'm already where I want to be..

Singers
Posted
Posted
Hi Morey,I envy your rigidity. :mocking:I AM NOT looking forward to my next flight to PI BUT I am looking forward to arriving!.AND the impossible to count - "Smiles per Mile" - I love.:cheersty:UK Tom

Travis
Posted
Posted
thumbs-up-smile.gif I too envy your resolve but I cannot say with finality that I will never fly again cuz I would hate to eat my words & have learned to at least try to never use finalities cuz times change & we have to go with the flow but I am here to stay also baring any unforeseen circumstances. thumbs-up-smile.gif