Cheating Wife Sues Cell Company For Exposing Affair

Travis
Posted
Posted

this is too funny-maybe it should be in the joke section. I wonder why this is in a Filipino newspaper http://technology.in...exposing-affairOTTAWA—A cheating Canadian wife is suing Rogers Wireless after her husband discovered the extramarital affair through her itemized mobile phone bill and left her, local media said Tuesday.Gabriella Nagy, 35, is seeking 600,000 Canadian dollars (580,000 US) from Rogers Wireless for invasion of privacy and breach of contract, Canwest News Service reported.In court documents cited by Canwest, Nagy claimed she had asked the cell phone company to send her bill in her name to her home, but it was instead bundled with the couple's television, Internet and home phone bill in her husband's name.The husband became suspicious when he noticed a number frequently called on the bill and, after dialing it, was told by a man who answered that he recently had a three-week affair with Nagy. He left Nagy and their children in August 2007."The affair was over," Nagy told Canwest News Service. "The thing that really hurt me is that it all came out not through my own doing."She blamed Rogers for the breakup, for having "breached my privacy.""I entrusted them with my personal information," she said.Rogers fired back, saying it had consolidated the bills at the couple's request. "We cannot be responsible for the personal decisions made by our customers," Rogers spokeswoman Kathy Murphy told Canwest."The marriage breakup and its effects happened, or alternatively, would in any even have happened, regardless of the form in which the plaintiff and her husband received their invoices," the company said in a statement of defense.Rogers was not immediately available for further comment.

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
this is too funny-maybe it should be in the joke section. I wonder why this is in a Filipino newspaper http://technology.in...exposing-affairOTTAWA—A cheating Canadian wife is suing Rogers Wireless after her husband discovered the extramarital affair through her itemized mobile phone bill and left her, local media said Tuesday.Gabriella Nagy, 35, is seeking 600,000 Canadian dollars (580,000 US) from Rogers Wireless for invasion of privacy and breach of contract, Canwest News Service reported.In court documents cited by Canwest, Nagy claimed she had asked the cell phone company to send her bill in her name to her home, but it was instead bundled with the couple's television, Internet and home phone bill in her husband's name.The husband became suspicious when he noticed a number frequently called on the bill and, after dialing it, was told by a man who answered that he recently had a three-week affair with Nagy. He left Nagy and their children in August 2007."The affair was over," Nagy told Canwest News Service. "The thing that really hurt me is that it all came out not through my own doing."She blamed Rogers for the breakup, for having "breached my privacy.""I entrusted them with my personal information," she said.Rogers fired back, saying it had consolidated the bills at the couple's request. "We cannot be responsible for the personal decisions made by our customers," Rogers spokeswoman Kathy Murphy told Canwest."The marriage breakup and its effects happened, or alternatively, would in any even have happened, regardless of the form in which the plaintiff and her husband received their invoices," the company said in a statement of defense.Rogers was not immediately available for further comment.
My "Boss" in S'pore is married and would happily not be except for his lovely daughter.His wife rang him on some pretext and the call was terminated.....his mobile rang again a few minutes later and he could hear her in the midst of "Passion" telling her partner to F hard etc.... she had accidentally pressed "last No. recall" !!!As he already hated her he said to me "I was a bit surprised at her stupidity but otherwise could'nt give a F. - " :th_noproblem: pun intended!UK Tom Edited by Singers

Travis
Posted
Posted

the part I got the most kick out of was that she was blaming others for what she had done when she said "The thing that really hurt me is that it all came out not through my own doing." if it was not through her own doing then who was in bed with her lover. SugarwareZ-037.gif so she is not upset that she cheated only that she got caught weird thinking so maybe people need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions- I wonder who pays the bills in that household? my guess is the husband & I guess her phone plan is under him also

lobo
Posted
Posted
the part I got the most kick out of was that she was blaming others for what she had done when she said "The thing that really hurt me is that it all came out not through my own doing." if it was not through her own doing then who was in bed with her lover. SugarwareZ-037.gif so she is not upset that she cheated only that she got caught weird thinking so maybe people need to learn to take responsibility for their own actions- I wonder who pays the bills in that household? my guess is the husband & I guess her phone plan is under him also
thats is so far beyond funny that is isnt.. i could see this case easily being won in the american courts where mcdonalds hot coffee has injured poor helpless customers and paid them handsomely.. the list is long and absurd what the courts have awarded.. todays courts...

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
thats is so far beyond funny that is isnt.. i could see this case easily being won in the american courts where mcdonalds hot coffee has injured poor helpless customers and paid them handsomely.. the list is long and absurd what the courts have awarded.. todays courts...
Ahhh yes... poor helpless McDonald's... just a good corporate citizen trying to make an honest dollar... and then along came that ol' mean, greedy 79 year old lady.Ms. Liebeck suffered full thickness ( third-degree) burns over 6 percent of her body, including her inner thighs, perineum, buttocks, genital and groin areas, necessitating debridement and skin grafting, from a spill of McDonald’s coffee at the drive thru window. Would these injuries have occurred from a spill of coffee purchased at Wendy’s, Jack in the Box or any other chain of fast foods?.... No.So what is so special about McDonald’s coffee? Nothing... except McDonald’s chose to serve coffee at 190 degrees... which will cause almost instantaneous destruction of skin, flesh and muscle if spilled on you. Liquids at 190 degrees are not fit for human consumption, and must be allowed to cool before drinking to avoid injury to mouth and throat.Other drive-thru chains avoid this risk by serving coffee at the industry standard temperature of 158 degrees. Coffee brewed with home coffee makers is generally 135 to 140 degrees.Before Ms. Liebeck’s injury McDonald’s was aware their extreme coffee temperature had caused hundreds of their customers to suffer third degree burns. So why would McDonald’s knowingly subject their customers to such a risk?... because the extreme temperature increased the aroma of the coffee and led to increased coffee sales... yes indeed, profits of near $1,500,000 a day on coffee sales... After a punitive damage award of $2,700,000 was assessed (which was appealed and never paid), McDonald’s lowered its coffee to industry standard 158 degrees, where it remains today.As a result of the above “frivolous lawsuit,” several hundred people a year have avoided a nice vacation in the burn unit to enjoy some skin grafting. It’s a mystery to me why so many people object to holding a corporation responsible for unconscionable and intentional actions that cause needless injuries, deaths and damages.Tom in Texas