Why Is It That So Many Of Us See Things Differently

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I put this under culture because it surely has to do with the different cultures many of us come from and how we deal with things in the Philippines and on forums because of it. So I ask, why can some not agree to disagree? Why are some always looking to change the Philippines and forums to fit within their framework of what they feel it should look like or work like?  Why can some people see others points of view as just that, while others find fault in everything that anyone else says, and thus must feel that only they have to be the ones who are correct?IMO life is a learning process and if we do not open our minds to others thoughts, then how can we all grow as a people and how will the world ever get better?"What is the meaning of life" seems to be an unanswered question, but in my opinion it is to learn and how can we and others learn if we do not tell others how we think and feel, but in such a ways as that others do not get insulted by what we write?One of the ways that I try to do some of the above is to post as in my opinion or in how I see things or from the things I have experienced, and I just hope that we all realize that we all may come from differing backgrounds and quite possibly many have much better educations than others, but surely that does not mean that their way would then be the only correct way. My signature says to try to live by the golden rule and I firmly believe that many people have lost their way and if only they too would try to do unto others as they wish others to do unto them, then we could all get along much better on forums and in life. Just the rambling of one almost 62 year old man who is just trying his best to get along with all races and cultures and especially with those of our chosen host country and all the different cultures who reside in it.  Disclaimer, for now my wife and I only live in the Philippines part of the year but a good part, which at times may give me a different (not necessarily better or correct) point of view than others may have but we have done this for many years now and may have more time in country in total than some others have and possibly because of us going back and forth to the US, we may see things and changes that go unnoticed by many who live in the Philippines full time.  As Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along" and quite possibly help shape the future of the Philippines to be a better one for the Filipino people, some of which are now some of our family members, but doing so without forcing our will on them to do things our way, just possibly showing some a way that had worked back in the countries we originate from.  

brock
Posted
Posted

I personally do not care what other people say, do or think, As long as it doesnt concern my family, Each person has different points of views, Thats what makes the world go around, some people will never agree no matter what is said. I have learnt never to argue with anyone, expecially the wife, cos you will never win :th_noproblem:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I put this under culture because it surely has to do with the different cultures many of us come from and how we deal with things in the Philippines and on forums because of it. So I ask, why can some not agree to disagree? Why are some always looking to change the Philippines and forums to fit within their framework of what they feel it should look like or work like? Why can some people see others points of view as just that, while others find fault in everything that anyone else says, and thus must feel that only they have to be the ones who are correct?IMO life is a learning process and if we do not open our minds to others thoughts, then how can we all grow as a people and how will the world ever get better?"What is the meaning of life" seems to be an unanswered question, but in my opinion it is to learn and how can we and others learn if we do not tell others how we think and feel, but in such a ways as that others do not get insulted by what we write?One of the ways that I try to do some of the above is to post as in my opinion or in how I see things or from the things I have experienced, and I just hope that we all realize that we all may come from differing backgrounds and quite possibly many have much better educations than others, but surely that does not mean that their way would then be the only correct way. My signature says to try to live by the golden rule and I firmly believe that many people have lost their way and if only they too would try to do unto others as they wish others to do unto them, then we could all get along much better on forums and in life. Just the rambling of one almost 62 year old man who is just trying his best to get along with all races and cultures and especially with those of our chosen host country and all the different cultures who reside in it. Disclaimer, for now my wife and I only live in the Philippines part of the year but a good part, which at times may give me a different (not necessarily better or correct) point of view than others may have but we have done this for many years now and may have more time in country in total than some others have and possibly because of us going back and forth to the US, we may see things and changes that go unnoticed by many who live in the Philippines full time. As Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along" and quite possibly help shape the future of the Philippines to be a better one for the Filipino people, some of which are now some of our family members, but doing so without forcing our will on them to do things our way, just possibly showing some a way that had worked back in the countries we originate from.
It is the inconsistency that "rattles" me.On 1 of my early replies to a post "Boxes from UK to Philippines"I gave my location in UK.I got a reply from an Ozzie saying the person had no idea where my location was Etc. and I was further "scolded"?? as to keeping the topic open as some Australians may require my info. on forwarders (in UK!!) and how small my "Little World" was!!!The post topic was BOXES FROM UK TO PI ---The intervention was "OFF TOPIC" IMO but my replies to this "Off topic" intrusion were deleted by YOU??Hogwash. IMO UK TOM Edited by Singers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I put this under culture because it surely has to do with the different cultures many of us come from and how we deal with things in the Philippines and on forums because of it. So I ask, why can some not agree to disagree? Why are some always looking to change the Philippines and forums to fit within their framework of what they feel it should look like or work like? Why can some people see others points of view as just that, while others find fault in everything that anyone else says, and thus must feel that only they have to be the ones who are correct?IMO life is a learning process and if we do not open our minds to others thoughts, then how can we all grow as a people and how will the world ever get better?"What is the meaning of life" seems to be an unanswered question, but in my opinion it is to learn and how can we and others learn if we do not tell others how we think and feel, but in such a ways as that others do not get insulted by what we write?One of the ways that I try to do some of the above is to post as in my opinion or in how I see things or from the things I have experienced, and I just hope that we all realize that we all may come from differing backgrounds and quite possibly many have much better educations than others, but surely that does not mean that their way would then be the only correct way. My signature says to try to live by the golden rule and I firmly believe that many people have lost their way and if only they too would try to do unto others as they wish others to do unto them, then we could all get along much better on forums and in life. Just the rambling of one almost 62 year old man who is just trying his best to get along with all races and cultures and especially with those of our chosen host country and all the different cultures who reside in it. Disclaimer, for now my wife and I only live in the Philippines part of the year but a good part, which at times may give me a different (not necessarily better or correct) point of view than others may have but we have done this for many years now and may have more time in country in total than some others have and possibly because of us going back and forth to the US, we may see things and changes that go unnoticed by many who live in the Philippines full time. As Rodney King once said, "can't we all just get along" and quite possibly help shape the future of the Philippines to be a better one for the Filipino people, some of which are now some of our family members, but doing so without forcing our will on them to do things our way, just possibly showing some a way that had worked back in the countries we originate from.
It is the inconsistency that "rattles" me.On 1 of my early replies to a post "Boxes from UK to Philippines"I gave my location in UK.I got a reply from an Ozzie saying the person had no idea where my location was Etc. and I was further "scolded"?? as to keeping the topic open as some Australians may require my info. on forwarders (in UK!!) and how small my "Little World" was!!!The post topic was BOXES FROM UK TO PI ---The intervention was "OFF TOPIC" IMO but my replies to this "Off topic" intrusion were deleted by YOU??Hogwash. IMO UK TOM
I guess the meaning of my post has missed you, it is exactly that type of response that is unnecessary and which when otherwise off topic or in attack form (it is on topic here) gets posts deleted. I have no way of remembering your post but I do know your style,  and the rules of this forum and most forums is to not (ever) attack the poster but to attack the post itself, so had you said nicely what you just posted here, then I am sure your post would not have been deleted. Moderation is not an easy job but as you and others can see by Boss Mans post in another thread, he and other members of the moderation team are getting tired of some members feeling the need to attack other members because they do not agree with what they have written, and because some continually keep going off topic and add otherwise senseless remarks within topic.Next let me address inconsistencies. The members of the Forum Support Team which for this post I will include the owner of this forum, the admins, and the rest of the Team, are often from different countries and will often see things differently because of that and therefore there will always be inconsistencies, just as in the posts from different members.  I have gotten way too many complaints about certain members styles and I really do not feel that it is that difficult for members to see when their posts are unlike any other members postings. Each of us has a right to our own style but not when it insults other members.While I and others on the forum team appreciate each and every member and their posts, some posts interrupt the flow of a thread and will therefore end up deleted. Forums are not a democracy and we cannot please everyone no matter how hard we try to, and that was clearly shown in the expressed different views of different members in the past, and I cannot understand why some grown men at times have a hard time acting as such and could not post their own facts and instead insulted others views. Anyway, it is up to each and every member if their posts will stand or end up deleted but the owner has now made it known that more off topic posts and insulting posts will just disappear. I posted earlier on how a member could respond to a topic and then go off topic in the rest of their post, but some seem to think they are exempt.Let me say it again, insulting other members will not be tolerated, be they snide remarks or otherwise.