Real Time Chat Component

paul
Posted
Posted

Greetings:Since Tom (Reid, not Shor) has taken the time to actually install the real time chat component, why don't some of us schedule a time for a few of us to actually try it out?I have to admit, I'm curious as to how reliable it is, as I have never used, or even sampled the chat add-on for IPB. But, I would be interested in doing so, if anyone else is. If anyone is interested in setting up a time, or scheduling a regular weekly? monthly? chat time, let a brotha know. I'm sure others here are interested in the workings of the chat.So?

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Interesting, noticed that but never explored. Seems to work ok.Anyone out there?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Greetings:Since Tom (Reid, not Shor) has taken the time to actually install the real time chat component, why don't some of us schedule a time for a few of us to actually try it out?I have to admit, I'm curious as to how reliable it is, as I have never used, or even sampled the chat add-on for IPB. But, I would be interested in doing so, if anyone else is. If anyone is interested in setting up a time, or scheduling a regular weekly? monthly? chat time, let a brotha know. I'm sure others here are interested in the workings of the chat.So?
Hi PaulProbably a good idea to try to set a time,might be hard because of timezones,what about 8.30 Philippines time?The thing I dont like about the chat set up is, if you leave the page to perhaps read the forum then it logs you out of chat, the way to overcome that is open the forum in another window and keep the chat open.If anyone is in the chat room it shows down the bottom near statistics, no one chatting then nothing is seen there at all.The chat room is set up with members usernames through the database, so no need to log in if your logged into the forum.Hope some of that made sense, I need a good sleep I think :1 (235):