Arizona To L.a.: Lights Out!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It always amazes me how so many places can be interconnected in one way or another. The US 9/11 seemed to affect many countries and the Greece economy about to collapse again affecting many countries far away. Now without getting into the political part of this, it is interesting how one state can threaten to boycott another over a disagreement in policy and now come to find out the the other state supplies 25% of the power to the state that is threatening to boycott the other state. As Mike S would always say, what a twisted web we weave. My point to this post is just to show how life is so interconnected and how we all seem to depend on one another in one way or another, so getting along can be important on many levels, let us all hope things everywhere gets better and that everyone learns how to get along because it now looks like North Korea may have sank the South Korean sub and that may lead to war which we will all be affected by in one way or another.  Arizona responded to the Los Angeles city council boycott with a suggestion of its own: cutting power to the nation's second-largest city. The Arizona Corporation Commission, the overseer for the state's electric and water utilities, has offered to pull the plug on Los Angeles, noting that Arizona's power plants supply electricity to 25% of the city."If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives power from Arizona-based generation," wrote Arizona Corporation Commissioner Gary Pierce to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa, in a May 18 letter. "I am confident that Arizona's utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands," he wrote.Arizona tells LA: Lights off Amigos

Jake
Posted
Posted
It always amazes me how so many places can be interconnected in one way or another. The US 9/11 seemed to affect many countries and the Greece economy about to collapse again affecting many countries far away. Now without getting into the political part of this, it is interesting how one state can threaten to boycott another over a disagreement in policy and now come to find out the the other state supplies 25% of the power to the state that is threatening to boycott the other state. As Mike S would always say, what a twisted web we weave. My point to this post is just to show how life is so interconnected and how we all seem to depend on one another in one way or another, so getting along can be important on many levels, let us all hope things everywhere gets better and that everyone learns how to get along because it now looks like North Korea may have sank the South Korean sub and that may lead to war which we will all be affected by in one way or another. Arizona responded to the Los Angeles city council boycott with a suggestion of its own: cutting power to the nation's second-largest city. The Arizona Corporation Commission, the overseer for the state's electric and water utilities, has offered to pull the plug on Los Angeles, noting that Arizona's power plants supply electricity to 25% of the city."If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives power from Arizona-based generation," wrote Arizona Corporation Commissioner Gary Pierce to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa, in a May 18 letter. "I am confident that Arizona's utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands," he wrote.Arizona tells LA: Lights off Amigos
And don't forget about the people from Colorado threatening to cut off the source of freshwater. Count our blessings that we still have a productive farming and cattle industry,otherwise the rest of USA would feel the economic meltdown. Respectfully -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK to expand this a little more and without getting into a political battle, how do members feel about the immigration situation back in their own home countries? Should the Philippines or any other country allow anyone who wishes to stay illegally, to do so?Is there any country in the world that does not allow illegals to stay in their country? or who doles out very harsh punishment to those who are caught being there illegal? I wonder how many non Filipinos would stay in the Philippines illegally if they faced say 10 years in a Philippine prison for doing so if caught? What do you all think on any and all of the above questions.