American Money

United Army
Posted
Posted

I was in a Pharmacy the other day getting some medications and they gave me a U. S. Quarter as part of my change, has anyone else received U.S. money as change for something they have purchased? I thought it was rather odd...

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
I was in a Pharmacy the other day getting some medications and they gave me a  U. S. Quarter as part of my change,  has anyone else received U.S. money as change for something  they  have purchased?   I thought it was rather odd...
That was odd. Neither my husband or I have ever gotten US money as change. So how much change was due you? A US quarter is worth about 11 to 12 pesos.

Travis
Posted
Posted
I was in a Pharmacy the other day getting some medications and they gave me a U. S. Quarter as part of my change, has anyone else received U.S. money as change for something they have purchased? I thought it was rather odd...
th_thholysheep.gifnever happened to me you must be very lucky or they cheated you on your change. is it a pre 1965 coin? then it would be worth more coz it would be silver

Mik
Posted
Posted

If they confused it with a one peso coin you did okay on the trade. Or maybe the exchange rate for the dollar has dropped again..

United Army
Posted
Posted

It was one of those new quarters with the state on it, Michigan 2004 and I think they confused it with a 1 peso coin. I gave it to my wife, it was the first American coin she has very seen. I did not count my change so really do not know if I made out or not.

• 2 months later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I never got foreign money as change. Not much value to them I don't know any money changer that accepts coins.