Pnp Wants To Extend Gun Ban

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I read that the PNP want top extend the Gun ban and I have to wonder if it really cut down on crime to confiscate guns from police officers and soldiers and how many of the 3000 were from police or soldiers? Do gun bans also include air soft type guns and if so does that mean no competitions while the gun ban is in effect? That would be sad because those are not real guns and that would be taking the law a little too far IMO.Since the gun ban was implemented on June 10, nearly 3,000 people have already been arrested, including soldiers and policemen, while some 2,500 firearms were confiscated. PNP seek gun ban extension

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

The gun ban affects any firearms. We currently can't do any airsoft until its lifted which is literally thousands of Airsoft players nationwide. My question from the other side of it is if they aren't playing Airsoft what are they doing? I know from experience a lot of the guys like the Red Horse so the Weekend games are a way to cut down on the beer as well as a bit of exercise they generally wouldn't do during the week. Also the controls on even Airsoft guns are pretty strict as they all have registration plates and numbers you have to have done on each AEG.Do I think the gun ban cut down on people shooting each other? I doubt it very much as those firearms are generally illegally manufactured and not listed anyway. 3000 guns/arrests is the tip of the iceberg as the last amnesty they were hoping for over 1million guns to be handed in. At the end of the day firearms are a part of life here and it isn't about to change its also what keeps a lot of the political people (that do shoot each other) safe at night tucked up in bed as the Stalemate mentality same as nuclear arms for the world keeps people less lightly to do something stupid.General street crime etc. I bet never changed I doubt armed robberies dropped unless its directly related to the number of check points that cropped up during the elections there is no easy solution on guns but I don't think having the ban in place will stop any crimes happening. What was the total body count over the election related deaths btw ? Must have been at least around 100 same as the last election?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
 PNP says no extention to nationwide election gun ban so I guess we know the answer now but I guess we will have to see what stricter gun control means. The nationwide gun ban will be lifted on June 9, and stricter measures on gun control will be put in place instead of extending the gun ban’s effectivity, the Philippine National Police (PNP) announced Friday.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
PNP says no extention to nationwide election gun ban so I guess we know the answer now but I guess we will have to see what stricter gun control means. The nationwide gun ban will be lifted on June 9, and stricter measures on gun control will be put in place instead of extending the gun ban’s effectivity, the Philippine National Police (PNP) announced Friday.
Its not tighter gun controls we need its tighter enforcement of laws and longer prison time. I have also noticed yesterday the figures for motorcycle thefts and their use in armed robberies is going up. Here is an important notice though :- IF you run a roadside checkpoint be aware that there will be a PNP officer around 500 yards down the road waiting for you with an M16/M4 which is why when you see it on the news and wonder why is the motorcycle rider dead when the PNP re-captured the motorcycle that pretty much answers that question.