Female Genital Mutilations

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Whats the world coming to,this sort of stuff should be pushed for change rather than helping it.Australian doctors may soon perform genital mutilations on baby girls in a bid to curb a dangerous rise in backyard surgeries, according to a report. The Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians is considering allowing doctors to carry out "ritual nicks" on baby girls whose families may otherwise turn to illegal operations, the Daily Telegraph reports. The practice, though illegal, is widespread among African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities. Doctors are reportedly seeing increasing cases of girls who require surgery after botched operations, which are often performed in domestic situations with razors or pieces of glass. RANZCOG spokeswoman Gino Pecoraro told the newspaper that any decision would require widespread consultation. "If a nick could meet the cultural needs of a particular woman, then it might save her from going through what can really be drastic surgery," she said. "But we need to make sure we do not legitimise the ritualistic maiming of children."

Washingtonian
Posted
Posted (edited)

Whats the world coming to,this sort of stuff should be pushed for change rather than helping it.Australian doctors may soon perform genital mutilations on baby girls in a bid to curb a dangerous rise in backyard surgeries, according to a report.The Royal Australian New Zealand College of Obstetricians is considering allowing doctors to carry out "ritual nicks" on baby girls whose families may otherwise turn to illegal operations, the Daily Telegraph reports. The practice, though illegal, is widespread among African, Asian and Middle Eastern communities. Doctors are reportedly seeing increasing cases of girls who require surgery after botched operations, which are often performed in domestic situations with razors or pieces of glass. RANZCOG spokeswoman Gino Pecoraro told the newspaper that any decision would require widespread consultation. "If a nick could meet the cultural needs of a particular woman, then it might save her from going through what can really be drastic surgery," she said. "But we need to make sure we do not legitimise the ritualistic maiming of children."
The world needs to insure that there is No Genital Mutulation on anyone for any reason.  The effort should be made to prevent this from happening in the first place.  In the 21st Century we need to respect life and the sanctity of the individual and put the individual at a higher level than a particular tribe, culture, or family practice.The practice should be illegal and those who practice it should be punished.We don't permit "murder" in any society.... We "intrude" into other societies to prevent and punish "murder."  Genital Mutilation should be added to the list of crimes that go beyond a "tribal or cultural" right. Edited by Mr. Lee
fix quotes

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
The world needs to insure that there is No Genital Mutulation on anyone for any reason. The effort should be made to prevent this from happening in the first place. In the 21st Century we need to respect life and the sanctity of the individual and put the individual at a higher level than a particular tribe, culture, or family practice.The practice should be illegal and those who practice it should be punished.We don't permit "murder" in any society.... We "intrude" into other societies to prevent and punish "murder." Genital Mutilation should be added to the list of crimes that go beyond a "tribal or cultural" right.
So ban the practice of circumcising young boy's in Western Society ??UK Tom Edited by Mr. Lee
repair quotes

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The world needs to insure that there is No Genital Mutulation on anyone for any reason. The effort should be made to prevent this from happening in the first place. In the 21st Century we need to respect life and the sanctity of the individual and put the individual at a higher level than a particular tribe, culture, or family practice.The practice should be illegal and those who practice it should be punished.We don't permit "murder" in any society.... We "intrude" into other societies to prevent and punish "murder." Genital Mutilation should be added to the list of crimes that go beyond a "tribal or cultural" right.
So ban the practice of circumcising young boy's in Western Society ??UK Tom
A few years back I was watching a documentary on TV about this and the older ladies just used glass or what ever to remove the young girls Virgina lips and clitoris. By doing this it removes most of any enjoyment that the girl could have once an adult,the male version does not remove the ability to enjoy sex.To me, its taking away the girls right to enjoy sex for ever and is perhaps not fair as they don't have a say in it.

Demeter
Posted
Posted

I had a friend who got married to a Muslim in Singapore. She was converted into Islam and was made to undergo this "circumcision" for women. I asked her why and her response was "This is to make sure I won't go sleeping around with other men." Knowing the Muslim people's practice of polygamy, I find it too selfish of the men to have the wife circumcised. My friend's response was too shallow for a reason. I didn't know if she was only after the Muslim guy's money or what (he's got a big business of supplying bands/entertainers in Singapore) he's not even handsome.

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
So ban the practice of circumcising young boy's in Western Society ??UK Tom
A few years back I was watching a documentary on TV about this and the older ladies just used glass or what ever to remove the young girls Virgina lips and clitoris. By doing this it removes most of any enjoyment that the girl could have once an adult,the male version does not remove the ability to enjoy sex.To me, its taking away the girls right to enjoy sex for ever and is perhaps not fair as they don't have a say in it.
Yes BOSS,A horrendous practice and gives insight into the "thinking" of certain peoples.?IMAN was featured in a documentary having the Op. to "reverse" the procedure she "Endured" as a Teen in Somalia. TIMES-LondonI recall she said the greatest pleasure following recovery in London WAS a good unrestricted PEE!!UK Tom :cheersty: Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted
I had a friend who got married to a Muslim in Singapore. She was converted into Islam and was made to undergo this "circumcision" for women. I asked her why and her response was "This is to make sure I won't go sleeping around with other men." Knowing the Muslim people's practice of polygamy, I find it too selfish of the men to have the wife circumcised. My friend's response was too shallow for a reason. I didn't know if she was only after the Muslim guy's money or what (he's got a big business of supplying bands/entertainers in Singapore) he's not even handsome.
Perhaps,"MONEY TALKS -- Clitoris WALKS" could be Lyirics from a song "A Gold Diggers Lament""NO Sympathy Lah" -- as the chorus SugarwareZ-225.gif LOVE YER MONEY LAh!!!UK Tom