Thoughts On Life

softail
Posted
Posted

A few weeks ago my Dr. wanted me to provide a stool sample for the lab to analyze. I did this and the next day I received a call from the nurse who very directly and with no further adieu informed me that they had found blood in my stool and that it didn’t mean that I had "cancer" but I needed to have a colonoscopy and that I would be receiving a referral in the mail.This started my inner evaluation on how I had been living my life and how I have always been making sure that my future is covered financially and leaving the hear and now somewhat lacking. I have spent all my life preparing for the future which always gets pushed out farther and never gets here, and now that there was a possibly my future could be wiped out with health problems, all my hopes and dreams could never be realized.A few days later I received my referral in the mail and luckily I was able to get right in. After wakeing up after the procedure the Dr. told me that they had removed some samples for analyses, and then the waiting game started. I spent the next 10 days waiting for those darn results carrying around worry around with me everywhere I went. When they did finally come in the mail….I was clean…no cancer.This experience has taught me a lot. I am not going to spend my life waiting for a future that might never come. I am not going to spend my life hoarding my nest egg and then die rich having never enjoyed the hear and now. I have decided that my future is hear and now. I hope my rant will perhaps inspire some members to reevaluate how they are dealing with there….hear and now. Doug

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
A few weeks ago my Dr. wanted me to provide a stool sample for the lab to analyze. I did this and the next day I received a call from the nurse who very directly and with no further adieu informed me that they had found blood in my stool and that it didn’t mean that I had "cancer" but I needed to have a colonoscopy and that I would be receiving a referral in the mail.This started my inner evaluation on how I had been living my life and how I have always been making sure that my future is covered financially and leaving the hear and now somewhat lacking. I have spent all my life preparing for the future which always gets pushed out farther and never gets here, and now that there was a possibly my future could be wiped out with health problems, all my hopes and dreams could never be realized.A few days later I received my referral in the mail and luckily I was able to get right in. After wakeing up after the procedure the Dr. told me that they had removed some samples for analyses, and then the waiting game started. I spent the next 10 days waiting for those darn results carrying around worry around with me everywhere I went. When they did finally come in the mail….I was clean…no cancer.This experience has taught me a lot. I am not going to spend my life waiting for a future that might never come. I am not going to spend my life hoarding my nest egg and then die rich having never enjoyed the hear and now. I have decided that my future is hear and now. I hope my rant will perhaps inspire some members to reevaluate how they are dealing with there….hear and now. Doug
Excellent post :yes: and I am glad things turned out to be OK.   :lol:  I had a similar experience and it made me think along the same lines, and that was why I decided to enjoy life and retire younger while I still have it to enjoy, but also save a little for the future should I live that long or for my wife so she will never have to go back to working 12 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week to just survive. Plan for the future but surely enjoy today. 

Singers
Posted
Posted
A few weeks ago my Dr. wanted me….I was clean…no cancer.I hope my rant will perhaps inspire some members to reevaluate how they are dealing with there….hear and now. Doug
Hi Doug,A frightener indeed. Excellent news that you are "clear".I got out at 50. No more RAT RACE!! They accepted my papers. Bye de Bye..I thought. At 58 they let me slow a little. AND God gave me Cristina in Marriage -- the devil gave me to her. IMOI am now 63 and that "pasture", as the old Stallion is rewarded with, is within reach. PI here I come.Very good luck to you. Keep smiling along with your Lovely Wife.UK Tom

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Doug,Excellent post on life's perspective, especially when we are sometimes faced with health andpersonal issues during our fast approaching senior years. I wonder what would be our legacy in the hopes that our love ones will find peace long after we are gone? Or do we no longer have the heart to produce a smile from a stranger that was grateful for your random kindness?Good to hear that you are 100% in your last check up. Our warmest regards to you and Sally.Respectfully - Jake and Judy

Travis
Posted
Posted
good to hear you are ok & it was a false alarm. my father & brother died at an early age so I took ss as soon as I could & flew the coup. work my ass off for what th_exactly.gif