Security Aides Of Aquino Ally Shot At Close Range

Travis
Posted
Posted

& yet more election type killings. I wonder who will be next http://newsinfo.inqu...-at-close-range th_thholysheep.gifis the attitude if you cannot beat them then kill them They were shot at close range, from a distance of less than two feet. And they were negative for powder burns.These were some of the findings of a police team which looked into the killings of two security aides of a political ally of presumptive president-elect Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino in Election Day violence in Cavite involving Bacoor policemen.Bacoor police chief Supt. Ramil Montilla and at least 12 other policemen have been “relieved administratively” as a result of the incident, Cavite’s provincial director, Senior Supt. Primitivo Tabujara Jr., told the Inquirer Friday.Tabujara declined to say what charges the officers would face or reveal the results of the investigation, which was carried out by the Cavite unit of the Internal Affairs Service (IAS) of the Philippine National Police (PNP).Tabujara merely said the matter was already “in the courts.”Killed in the May 10 violence were retired Col. Arnulfo Obillos and Navy Petty Officer 2 Juanito Paraiso. They were part of the security team of former Rep. Plaridel Abaya, an ally of Aquino.Abaya, 76, ran for representative of the second district (Bacoor) of Cavite under the Liberal Party but lost to actress Lani Mercado-Revilla.Obillos, a former Navy officer, was Abaya’s chief of staff. Obillos’ son Niel and PO2 Emmanuel Gacosta were seriously wounded in the shooting.The Abaya camp claimed Obillos and Paraiso were victims of a rubout—an allegation denied by the Bacoor police.Aquino has vowed to pursue justice for Obillos and Paraiso, calling their deaths a “big tragedy.”“Whoever is guilty should be punished,” Aquino said at the wake of Obillos in Tarlac City two weeks ago.Asked to comment on the latest police report, Aquino said Friday: “I have to keep my opinions to myself at this time inasmuch as the deceased is my kumpare and the Abayas are party mates.”there is more but it is already too long