What If The World As We Know It Changed

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This is probably not a topic that most people would want to even think about and I believe those who live in the Philippines might be better prepared if something bad were to happen such as an electromagnetic pulse wave generated by a bomb or even by a large solar flare which has been theorized to come from the sun. Many things have been predicted and while a lot of us like to call all of that conspiracy theories, would it hurt to be prepared a little for the just in case. I wonder how many of you have even given this a little thought? I know in Florida we have to prepare for hurricanes and therefore know enough to always have extra food and water on hand and during hurricane Wilma 5 years ago, power and phones were out in some parts of Florida for weeks, and out in our home for 3 days but my friends maybe 10 miles away were out for 2 weeks. I had a generator and because there was some warning and I had filled up a bunch of gas cans, my wife and I were all set and we even supplied electric to our 2 next door neighbors for them to keep their refrigerators, radios, TV's and cell phones charged for when the cell towers came back online. So all, would anyone like to suggest things that we can do to get ready and be prepared? What have you done to be ready if just the power goes out for days? No power, no ATM machines and many other things we just take for granted, such as cell phone towers in the Philippines are no doubt not backed up, so there would be no communications for many people whose only phone is a cell phone. Think about it and tell us what you have done or what you might now think about doing because I feel we all need to at least prepare to be able to survive for a week and much more if we live in the Philippines since things seem to get fixed much slower.The Prepper Movement, a growing network of people preparing for the worlds endTurns out, though, that while you may not be concerned about mass chaos and world destruction, a growing number of people are. You might wish to watch this video and comment on it.

For those of you who think it cannot happen, it did happen in 1989 in Canada. Check out this link March 1989 geomagnetic stormHere is yet another link worth reading 2012 may bring the perfect storm solar flareshttp://www.youtube.c...ayer_embedded#!Paranoia, propaganda, you decide but would we most likely be safer in the Philippines or a first world country should something like this happen and if so, would you be prepared to live without possibly being able to get money from home to live? Think about it and prepare for what Might or could happen. 

Jake
Posted
Posted

I don't know Lee, even if my family survived a major devastation, what would it be like whenwe surface from our protected shelter. Would there be pure anarchy or tribalism, where chaos and lawlessness is the rule of law? Maybe I could fend off several attacks to protect my family, but my bullets will be challenged with bigger bullets eventually. Maybe in the end, I just hope there is enough time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye.Respectfully -- Jake

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

People living in northern latitudes should also consider measures to protect themselves from radiation poisoning from nuclear fallout. You might also have a small "go bag" prepared with personal hygiene items and a change of clothes. Keep it in a handy place in case they allow you bring it to your new internment camp..

Edited by Mik

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I don't know Lee, even if my family survived a major devastation, what would it be like whenwe surface from our protected shelter.  Would there be pure anarchy or tribalism, where chaos and lawlessness is the rule of law?  Maybe I could fend off several attacks to protect my family, but my bullets will be challenged with bigger bullets eventually.  Maybe in the end, I just hope there is enough time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye.Respectfully -- Jake
Jake there are major events and then there could also be minor events and anything in between. My being an advanced class amateur radio operator and having owned a large C satellite receiving dish for many years, I have had a lot of experience with minor solar flares and they often interrupt communications, so if we have a major event then all bets might be off. Being prepared never hurts, even if nothing ever happens and I hope it never does, but being totally unprepared might turn a minor event into a life threatening situation and I just feel people should at least do the simple things so they do not end up with their pants down if something does happen. Anyway, as I said before, I think people in the Philippines will probably be in better shape than those in many first world countries where we are often so dependent on electronics. I remember when a friend visited me in our condo in Cebu and the power went out at 3 PM, he got panicky asking me how would we sleep if the power was still out come night time and I can multiply that by millions of people in first world countries who will just not know how to live without power. Sad but true. I also remember the last major hurricane when power was out and people were complaining on TV (we had a generator and so did the news stations) that they did not know where they would get food or water, some of those foolish people who did not prepare themselves and always expect the government to take care of them. If something should happen, you all can bet there will be plenty of unprepared people who will not know what to do and if it last long enough, then panic turns to violence. Better to be prepared IMO.

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
People living in northern latitudes should also consider measures to protect themselves from radiation poisoning from nuclear fallout. You might also have a small "go bag" prepared with personal hygiene items and a change of clothes. Keep it in a handy place in case they allow you bring it to your new internment camp.
ICE == In Case of Emergency === Pack a 9mm in yer "Go Bag" ALSO... or perhaps an Uzi ?? "for personal hygiene use ONLY" or ask a friend for help & B Euthenized...IMO A DOOM & GLOOM mentality is likely to have one living life a complete SADDO --- WTF --- enjoy what we have got, particularally in PI, and don't move to Florida... IMO ---- HA HA HA 'fng' ha...UK Tom :AddEmoticons04230: SugarwareZ-024.gifps Take Jake's advice and go out with a KISS! the 4 letter kind and "SMILE" as ya go!!! Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted
I don't know Lee, even if my family survived a major devastation, what would it be like whenwe surface from our protected shelter. Would there be pure anarchy or tribalism, where chaos and lawlessness is the rule of law? Maybe I could fend off several attacks to protect my family, but my bullets will be challenged with bigger bullets eventually. Maybe in the end, I just hope there is enough time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye.Respectfully -- Jake
:AddEmoticons04230: Better still Jake get "someone" else to "Cling"?? 2..Tom

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have always been prepared for the what ifs,that's why my ref is full of beer,if the world is ending or the walls are blowing away I want to be able to have a beer to go down with it.Now for a different scenario, if the power was off for days my beer would get warm so now to think about the ice supply,but on the other hand if the ice age is coming then wont need it and probably will prefer it warm anyway, ahh so much to think about.:AddEmoticons04230:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have always been prepared for the what ifs,that's why my ref is full of beer,if the world is ending or the walls are blowing away I want to be able to have a beer to go down with it.Now for a different scenario, if the power was off for days my beer would get warm so now to think about the ice supply,but on the other hand if the ice age is coming then wont need it and probably will prefer it warm anyway, ahh so much to think about.:AddEmoticons04230:
Hi Boss,BRITS WIN - we drink WARM beer so "NO worries" :gday:And a cold 1 will do... Coopers sparkling, "The SA Winemakers Beer", 4 me & U it is? Singers Edited by Singers