Dangerous Plants To Be Aware Of In The Philippines

lobo
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.theamateu...om/epoisons.htma very popular plant that i have many of and no doubt you have also or have seen... the euphrobia plant.. google has a lot of info on this including filipins euphrobia .. with over 2000 varieties i thought it was worth mentioning.. im an avid gardener and didnt know that the plants i was being stuck by were so deadly.. sorry if that disappoints anyone..:)also for anyone who has a poison ivy allergy or other plant allergies, the indian mangoes sap is very toxic and the blisters from it are worse than poison ivy.. anyone who has had an outbreak of itching followed by these blisters knows the extreme discomfort it causes and once it is on you it seems to be also in you, since it spreads.. the cure i found from an old wise doctor is steroidal.. betamethisone tablets combined with betamethisone ointment plus cefalexin will bring it under control in about 3 days and it is gone in about a week..the first doctor i saw told me to see a dermo and didnt even bother to look at it, so this will save you a trip to the dermo and also maybe help you educate an otherwise dis-interested doctor .. you will be scarred where you have scratched it and the sore from the scratch will be about a month healing.. it is that toxic to those who are allergic..it is of course aggravated by the constant heat and humidity and can likely come back even if you have no further contact with the mangoes..

Edited by Mr. Lee
split from another topic by me

Travis
Posted
Posted
http://www.theamateu...om/epoisons.htma very popular plant that i have many of and no doubt you have also or have seen... the euphrobia plant.. google has a lot of info on this including filipins euphrobia .. with over 2000 varieties i thought it was worth mentioning.. im an avid gardener and didnt know that the plants i was being stuck by were so deadly.. sorry if that disappoints anyone..smile.gifalso for anyone who has a poison ivy allergy or other plant allergies, the indian mangoes sap is very toxic and the blisters from it are worse than poison ivy.. anyone who has had an outbreak of itching followed by these blisters knows the extreme discomfort it causes and once it is on you it seems to be also in you, since it spreads.. the cure i found from an old wise doctor is steroidal.. betamethisone tablets combined with betamethisone ointment plus cefalexin will bring it under control in about 3 days and it is gone in about a week..the first doctor i saw told me to see a dermo and didnt even bother to look at it, so this will save you a trip to the dermo and also maybe help you educate an otherwise dis-interested doctor .. you will be scarred where you have scratched it and the sore from the scratch will be about a month healing.. it is that toxic to those who are allergic..it is of course aggravated by the constant heat and humidity and can likely come back even if you have no further contact with the mangoes..
thank you lobo thumbs-up-smile.gif great information to know for when I am out in the provinces