Shipping From England To Phi;

TERENCE
Posted
Posted (edited)

HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME! Im married to Philippine lady and we have a house in the Philippines, we are going to retire there soon.Can anyone give me an idea if its is cheaper to ship my household goods and if so can anyone tell me how much the cost would be from England?Many thanks for anyone who can advice me.

Edited by Mr. Lee
Second question split to banking by me

Travis
Posted
Posted
HI CAN ANYONE HELP ME! Im married to Philippine lady and we have a house in the Philippines, we are going to retire there soon.Can anyone give me an idea if its is cheaper to ship my household goods and if so can anyone tell me how much the cost would be from England?Many thanks for anyone who can advice me.
I am from the US so I cannot help you on exact info but I shipped all my personal items in balikbayan boxes to a friend here & I was here before they got here. I do not think it pays to ship big items coz furniture is inexpensive here to buy but maybe someone from the UK will give you better advice

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am from the US so I cannot help you on exact info but I shipped all my personal items in balikbayan boxes to a friend here & I was here before they got here. I do not think it pays to ship big items coz furniture is inexpensive here to buy but maybe someone from the UK will give you better advice
Hi Tel,I am in the same situation.Shippers only show interest in quoting if imminently ETD. I am still undecided. Sorry.I have had 2 figures for shipping a 20ft. £3,300 and £4,500 so drat!!!. IMOMy home in PI is furnished but I would like some of my Fav. pieces there when I fully retire to PI probably 2 years hence.Boxes cost £55 and a large £110 and are a good way to send small items.Welcome to Xpat and more info later from me will follo1.UK Tom SugarwareZ-003.gif Edited by Singers

TERENCE
Posted
Posted
Hi Tel,I am in the same situation.Shippers only show interest in quoting if imminently ETD. I am still undecided. Sorry.I have had 2 figures for shipping a 20ft. £3,300 and £4,500 so drat!!!. IMOMy home in PI is furnished but I would like some of my Fav. pieces there when I fully retire to PI probably 2 years hence.Boxes cost £55 and a large £110 and are a good way to send small items.Welcome to Xpat and more info later from me will follo1.UK Tom SugarwareZ-003.gif
many tnx tom im retire to phil before xmas if all goes well

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Try David at Nettrex out of London (they have agents in different parts of UK) = 07957192207Always helpful and generally will quote me over the phone.

• 2 months later...
Balintawak
Posted
Posted

Do you know how many CBM (cubic) you would send? If you only send a few items then send by balikbayan boxes, but if many, send by crate or container as balikbayan boxes tends to seem cheap but ends up more costly in the end. A bud of mine did that (well many does) and ended up paying more than 8Kusd, like 3-4,000 more than needed. Send me an email and ill get you a good quote.