Body Language

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Taken from This post by Pinoy Art.   I thought this topic might be worth discussing as to how it might relate to Filipino body language which was suggested by Jake in the same thread. Anyone care to comment on Filipino body language and how it might differ from general Body Language ?   I find body language an interesting thing that we all should probably study and that I had to study many years ago and probably forgot most of it by now, but I usually just roll up in a ball and roll down the street or off a jeepney and then no one can read my body language. :yes:  BTW, that was a great post by Pinoy Art IMO.    :lol:  :cheersty:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's a few Pinoy gestures that may also be considered body language:http://hagonoy-bahay...no-culture.htmlAlso a few Pinoy language slang words:http://www.seasite.n...wSlangwords.htmJust a side note slightly off topic which is neither about body language or gestures:Some foreigners should know the meaning of YES, NO and MAYBE relating to the Filipino culture!http://aligmanila.co...No.19161426.pdf

Edited by Pinoy Art

Jake
Posted
Posted

Dang Singer, nothing could get pass you. Two fingers tapping the forearm might be tooblunt if directed towards a woman. However, when a group of Filipinos are discussing escapades of their nightly activities, everyone knows the meaning -- that they had agood time, extremely good time he, he. Regarding Judy's joke on me when she told me to say bayag instead of bayad as youpay for your jeepney fare, I somehow regain my composure and played along with herjoke. The driver sped away as I displayed a wet kiss towards him he, he.DOM forever -- Jake

mikejwoodnz
Posted
Posted

I am mute so very aware of using body language - this is also one of the reasons I really like the Philippines and why we enjoy living there (soon to be permanent). It is a huge advantage to me that signs in Supermarkets, bars etc are in English Language but the biggest thing is the understanding everywhere of the "Kano" mentality as opposed to other Asian Countries where they attempt to dominate and manipulate you with the "Asian" mentality - this make it easy for me to communicate - a little ESP and a little body language and we all know what is happening. Even tho I am not deaf I don't need to understand spoken Cebuano or Tagalog to interact with people. The Philippine body language is a highly developed method of communication and well worth taking the time to understand kick.gif

UZI
Posted
Posted
I am mute so very aware of using body language - this is also one of the reasons I really like the Philippines and why we enjoy living there (soon to be permanent). It is a huge advantage to me that signs in Supermarkets, bars etc are in English Language but the biggest thing is the understanding everywhere of the "Kano" mentality as opposed to other Asian Countries where they attempt to dominate and manipulate you with the "Asian" mentality - this make it easy for me to communicate - a little ESP and a little body language and we all know what is happening. Even tho I am not deaf I don't need to understand spoken Cebuano or Tagalog to interact with people. The Philippine body language is a highly developed method of communication and well worth taking the time to understand kick.gif
:) :o