Cha-cha Launched By Gloria

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Cha-cha launched by Gloria, FG in Forbes ParkWill this cause instability in the Philippines if it happens? By Ninez Cacho-Olivares Editor-in-Chief EXCLUSIVE 11/21/2008 Charter change (Cha-cha) to extend President Arroyo

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't you have to have stability before you can cause instability? :rolleyes: I think just more of the same k--p in a different wrapper.

Edited by tom_shor

cagayanstar
Posted
Posted

...another technique of the administration to delay the next presidential election! :th_thimage_265775:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Plan to postpone 2010 polls inserted in resolution - lawyer11/25/2008 | 06:00 PM MANILA, Philippines - A provision to postpone the 2010 presidential elections and extend the terms of office for all elective officials has been inserted into a House Resolution currently pending before the House committee on constitutional amendments.This was revealed Tuesday by human rights lawyer Neri Colmenares, secretary general of the National Union of People

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Dedicated and loyal public servants who want to stay on the job longer to ensure the continued welfare of the Philipino people. :huh: I actually typed that whole thing without laughing. Maybe there is a future in politics for me. :1 (235): :th_thimage_265775:

TheMason
Posted
Posted

'It's better to be governed poorly by a Filipino than governed well by a foreign power' I forget which politician originally voiced this sentiment, but they sure did get the better scenario! If 'Hello, Garci' didn't get GMA tossed out on her ear, why whould cha-cha? The average Filipino just does not care at all about the state of their government. They just don't seem to recognize any connection between the dirty politics and their present situation.There was an article last week about a poll showing how many Filipinos consider themselves 'losers' in an economic sense. The poll was spun as a success story for GMA because only two-thirds of Filipinos thought they were worse off now than this time last year. In the previous poll, 75% thought they were worse off so there's improvement there! Until the average Filipino gets fed up with the situation in this country nothing will ever change. The oligarchs will continue to run things to their benefit and to hell with everyone else. My only hope is that they don't start targeting foreigners more than they already do. An initiative to nationalize foreign owned condos, land and businesses for redistribution to the poor would not shock me in the least.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)
'It's better to be governed poorly by a Filipino than governed well by a foreign power' I forget which politician originally voiced this sentiment, but they sure did get the better scenario! If 'Hello, Garci' didn't get GMA tossed out on her ear, why whould cha-cha? The average Filipino just does not care at all about the state of their government. They just don't seem to recognize any connection between the dirty politics and their present situation.There was an article last week about a poll showing how many Filipinos consider themselves 'losers' in an economic sense. The poll was spun as a success story for GMA because only two-thirds of Filipinos thought they were worse off now than this time last year. In the previous poll, 75% thought they were worse off so there's improvement there! Until the average Filipino gets fed up with the situation in this country nothing will ever change. The oligarchs will continue to run things to their benefit and to hell with everyone else. My only hope is that they don't start targeting foreigners more than they already do. An initiative to nationalize foreign owned condos, land and businesses for redistribution to the poor would not shock me in the least.
I think that was Magsaysay. I think part of the reason they don't care much is if you go to alll the trouble to throw her out you will get another one just like her. Remember Erap? Anyone see any real difference in the way things are done now? Even if you threw them all out who would you replace them with? Why their friends and relatives of course.So under those circumstances how much would you care? The rich spend their efforts gathering every peso they can and everyone else gets by the best they can. Edited by tom_shor

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

2 bishops open to 'extra-legal' means to bring down ArroyoAIE BALAGTAS SEE, GMANews.TV11/27/2008 | 09:17 PM MANILA, Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...ubCategoryId=63Mikey wants Cha-cha after GMA's term By Jess Diaz Updated November 29, 2008 12:00 AM Presidential son and Pampanga Rep. Juan Miguel