Canada Draws A Growing Number Of Filipinos

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I find it extraordinary that Philippines overseas works are allowed into Canada to work as crew members for Mc Donalds. Surely Canada must have some people of their own looking for a job?Click here to read the full storyThese Filipino workers have been coming to Canada via an array of new federal and provincial programs. When Ottawa rolled the first of them out in 2001, the focus was on filling labour shortages in the technology sector. They were expanded to other fields, including nursing, construction trades, truck transportation, fast food services, hotel management, retail and more.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I find it extraordinary that Philippines overseas works are allowed into Canada to work as crew members for Mc Donalds. Surely Canada must have some people of their own looking for a job?Click here to read the full storyThese Filipino workers have been coming to Canada via an array of new federal and provincial programs. When Ottawa rolled the first of them out in 2001, the focus was on filling labour shortages in the technology sector. They were expanded to other fields, including nursing, construction trades, truck transportation, fast food services, hotel management, retail and more.
I guess Canada must have all the high end jobs filled and apparently do not have people to work in places such as McDo, weird. While I cannot comment on the Canada McDo issue, that could be the solution for the US to get rid of all the illegal farm workers, a guest worker program for farmers. The biggest problem I find with any of those programs is that it takes money to get the visas in the first place, so someone in the family has to fund others or it cannot work. Maybe it is time someone in the US thinks about fronting the money and providing housing because Filipinos would most likely become hard working legals and take away the jobs from illegals who would then have to go home. Win win situation.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I think this is hilarious cuz I'm wanting to move to the Philippines rather than Canada so I can 'make it big.'