Tuberculosis In The Philippines

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

25 yrs ago when I was still in the military and was in the Philippines for just 2 weeks, I surprisingly contracted tuberculosis and didn't know how, when or where! When I got back to the U.S., I developed a sore on my left thigh and it got inflamed by an infection, my doctor gave me a TB tyne test which came out positive! My sores were lanced, puss drained out and gave me anti biotics and pills for the TB virus for 1 year, now it only take 6 months to knock out the TB germ. Even once I have been treated for TB and no longer contagious, it will always remain, but dormant! So, I can no longer again be tested for TB, because the test will always come out positive! A chest x-ray is the best way to see if TB is present, because it's the main area in the lungs where the 1st stage is most likely to appear, but my lungs were clear. And prior TB patients can no longer donate blood. That's just but a few info that I know of, but anyone interested to know more, it's all on the internet! Just beware where you hang out in confined places with lots of local people! Maybe that's why I'm so paranoid of going into malls in general or crowd jeepneys and buses! It discusses me to see people spiting on sidewalks or every where else!