Tricare Claims

United Army
Posted
Posted

If anyone has ever filled out a Tricare claim for reimbursement you know its not easy. I did my first one for inpatient care I had back in January this year. Well to my surprise, Tricare paid the darn thing. I mailed it to the tricare office in Madison, WI. via the RP post office, mailed it on May 24th and tricare issued a check on June 16th. I fell over back wards when I saw this on my Tricare sited. Now I have to see if the Tricare check makes it to my Talamban address here in the RP.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
If anyone has ever filled out a Tricare claim for reimbursement you know its not easy. I did my first one for inpatient care I had back in January this year. Well to my surprise, Tricare paid the darn thing. I mailed it to the tricare office in Madison, WI. via the RP post office, mailed it on May 24th and tricare issued a check on June 16th. I fell over back wards when I saw this on my Tricare sited. Now I have to see if the Tricare check makes it to my Talamban address here in the RP.
Good for you Marko! And you mailed it via RP mail? That's amazing for sure! I haven't yet to file a TRICARE claim, haven't got sick yet since getting my military benefits a year and a half ago. Why by check in the mail? Can't the reimbursement check be direct deposited into your bank account in the U.S.? Yeah, I'm still figuring out all about this TRICARE stuff, but eventually I'll get around to it! I want to do it via fax, seems much faster! I have my PC all setup to fax anything out. Here for now! Stay in touch, I may need your in put on this TRICARE filling. On Yahoo Group Retired_U.S._Military_Living_in_the_Philippines, I know a few ex military I've been chatting with concerning TRICARE matters. OK, See ya!

United Army
Posted
Posted
Good for you Marko! And you mailed it via RP mail? That's amazing for sure! I haven't yet to file a TRICARE claim, haven't got sick yet since getting my military benefits a year and a half ago. Why by check in the mail? Can't the reimbursement check be direct deposited into your bank account in the U.S.? Yeah, I'm still figuring out all about this TRICARE stuff, but eventually I'll get around to it! I want to do it via fax, seems much faster! I have my PC all setup to fax anything out. Here for now! Stay in touch, I may need your in put on this TRICARE filling. On Yahoo Group Retired_U.S._Military_Living_in_the_Philippines, I know a few ex military I've been chatting with concerning TRICARE matters. OK, See ya!
Hello Pinoy Art....Tricare will not put the money via direct deposit, I think they should. So only a check will they send. The VA on the other hand will do direct deposit into the account which they have on file for you. I also sent a claim to tricare for medications too, so will see what happens with that. The key is to use a tricare hospital, doctor or pharmacy that is tricare certified. I use to be a Health Benefits Advisor when I was in the Coast Guard and helped active duty and retires file tricare claims and help reslove issues when their claims were denied, and I have filed many claims to tricare when I was in the states for myself.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hello Pinoy Art....Tricare will not put the money via direct deposit, I think they should. So only a check will they send. The VA on the other hand will do direct deposit into the account which they have on file for you. I also sent a claim to tricare for medications too, so will see what happens with that. The key is to use a tricare hospital, doctor or pharmacy that is tricare certified. I use to be a Health Benefits Advisor when I was in the Coast Guard and helped active duty and retires file tricare claims and help reslove issues when their claims were denied, and I have filed many claims to tricare when I was in the states for myself.
Marko, Let me know how long it will take for you to receive your TRICARE reimbursement check via the RP mail system! I've received most of my U.S. Government correspondence via RP mail OK, but it takes 7 to 11 days to get my U.S. from the time of the postage stamp date arrival in the RP mail system. Also, I too will be working on in getting my medications for my diabetes covered by TRICARE. I still have to see a TRICARE certified health provider in my area to get all the necessary paperwork and receipts of my meds! I may need some pointers from you in filing my meds claim. I'm really surprised that TRICARE doesn't do direct deposits! U.S. government checks can easily get lost here via the RP mail system! All of my government pensions and V.A. Comp are directly deposited to my U.S. bank account since I retired in 1997. I don't do direct deposit here to the Philippines, because they only allow passbook accounts without ATM or internet access! I only deposit my U.S. check here every other month into my dollar account and just wait 25 days for it to clear and then I go on-line to convert my dollars into my peso account and use my local bank's ATM to withdraw what cash I need or pay our bills on-line.Also let me know if you have any problems cashing in or depositing your TRICARE reimbursement U.S. Government Treasury check into your Philippine dollar bank account, because years ago my bank wouldn't accept my IRS tax refund U.S. Government Treasury Check for deposit into my local dollar bank account. It could be just my bank, but I don't really know for sure! You can just call me Art and drop the Pinoy prefix. Edited by Pinoy Art

United Army
Posted
Posted
Marko, Let me know how long it will take for you to receive your TRICARE reimbursement check via the RP mail system! I've received most of my U.S. Government correspondence via RP mail OK, but it takes 7 to 11 days to get my U.S. from the time of the postage stamp date arrival in the RP mail system. Also, I too will be working on in getting my medications for my diabetes covered by TRICARE. I still have to see a TRICARE certified health provider in my area to get all the necessary paperwork and receipts of my meds! I may need some pointers from you in filing my meds claim. I'm really surprised that TRICARE doesn't do direct deposits! U.S. government checks can easily get lost here via the RP mail system! All of my government pensions and V.A. Comp are directly deposited to my U.S. bank account since I retired in 1997. I don't do direct deposit here to the Philippines, because they only allow passbook accounts without ATM or internet access! I only deposit my U.S. check here every other month into my dollar account and just wait 25 days for it to clear and then I go on-line to convert my dollars into my peso account and use my local bank's ATM to withdraw what cash I need or pay our bills on-line.Also let me know if you have any problems cashing in or depositing your TRICARE reimbursement U.S. Government Treasury check into your Philippine dollar bank account, because years ago my bank wouldn't accept my IRS tax refund U.S. Government Treasury Check for deposit into my local dollar bank account. It could be just my bank, but I don't really know for sure! You can just call me Art and drop the Pinoy prefix.
Hello Art,I bank at the Bank of Commerce and talked with them today about my Tricare check and they said yes I can put it into my Dollar Account and wait the normal 21 banking days. That was good to hear. I will keep you posted on my check and how long it takes to get to me. I too reitred in 1997 by the way. Yes if you have any questions about tricare claims I will be glad to help. I think with the medications if I read this right, you have to get a new prescrpition from you doctor each month in order to get money back for you medications ( not sure this is correct, but it say so on the tricare website). I sent my Rx claim in with the original doctors Rx and the cash register receipt. And you have to use a tricare certifed pharmacy, I use Mercury Durgs, but not all the pharmacies in that change of stores are Tricare certifed. I have one just down the road from me, but they are not tricare certified, I have to go to the mercury drug store in one of the malls here.Marko .... FMF/8404

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Marko, Let me know how long it will take for you to receive your TRICARE reimbursement check via the RP mail system! I've received most of my U.S. Government correspondence via RP mail OK, but it takes 7 to 11 days to get my U.S. from the time of the postage stamp date arrival in the RP mail system. Also, I too will be working on in getting my medications for my diabetes covered by TRICARE. I still have to see a TRICARE certified health provider in my area to get all the necessary paperwork and receipts of my meds! I may need some pointers from you in filing my meds claim. I'm really surprised that TRICARE doesn't do direct deposits! U.S. government checks can easily get lost here via the RP mail system! All of my government pensions and V.A. Comp are directly deposited to my U.S. bank account since I retired in 1997. I don't do direct deposit here to the Philippines, because they only allow passbook accounts without ATM or internet access! I only deposit my U.S. check here every other month into my dollar account and just wait 25 days for it to clear and then I go on-line to convert my dollars into my peso account and use my local bank's ATM to withdraw what cash I need or pay our bills on-line.Also let me know if you have any problems cashing in or depositing your TRICARE reimbursement U.S. Government Treasury check into your Philippine dollar bank account, because years ago my bank wouldn't accept my IRS tax refund U.S. Government Treasury Check for deposit into my local dollar bank account. It could be just my bank, but I don't really know for sure! You can just call me Art and drop the Pinoy prefix.
Hello Art,I bank at the Bank of Commerce and talked with them today about my Tricare check and they said yes I can put it into my Dollar Account and wait the normal 21 banking days. That was good to hear. I will keep you posted on my check and how long it takes to get to me. I too reitred in 1997 by the way. Yes if you have any questions about tricare claims I will be glad to help. I think with the medications if I read this right, you have to get a new prescrpition from you doctor each month in order to get money back for you medications ( not sure this is correct, but it say so on the tricare website). I sent my Rx claim in with the original doctors Rx and the cash register receipt. And you have to use a tricare certifed pharmacy, I use Mercury Durgs, but not all the pharmacies in that change of stores are Tricare certifed. I have one just down the road from me, but they are not tricare certified, I have to go to the mercury drug store in one of the malls here.Marko .... FMF/8404
That's good to hear that you won't have any problems depositing your TRICARE check in your bank. It's not practical to get a doctor's prescription every month when the prescriptions being given is usually good for a year at a time and then renewed there after the 1 year period. I now also use Mercury to purchase all of my meds. I just text my list of meds to a lady there I know who works in Mercury and she texts me back when they are ready for pick up, so no waiting in long lines at the counter when I get there. Mercury is just across the street from our home and they are TRICARE certified and my TRICARE health provider is just a few blocks from our home too, a new Fort Med Clinic and Southern Luzon Hospital side by side from one another and others within a 25 mile radius from where we live. So it really makes it convenient for me since everything is nearby. Edited by Pinoy Art

• 4 weeks later...
United Army
Posted
Posted
That's good to hear that you won't have any problems depositing your TRICARE check in your bank. It's not practical to get a doctor's prescription every month when the prescriptions being given is usually good for a year at a time and then renewed there after the 1 year period. I now also use Mercury to purchase all of my meds. I just text my list of meds to a lady there I know who works in Mercury and she texts me back when they are ready for pick up, so no waiting in long lines at the counter when I get there. Mercury is just across the street from our home and they are TRICARE certified and my TRICARE health provider is just a few blocks from our home too, a new Fort Med Clinic and Southern Luzon Hospital side by side from one another and others within a 25 mile radius from where we live. So it really makes it convenient for me since everything is nearby.
Well I got my Tricare check in the mail today...WOW the mail system does work. I mailed my claim off on May 24, the EOB was dated June 15 and the check is dated June 21st and the postmark on the enevople was stamped June 22. The check is in Peso and its drawen from Citi Bank in Manila would you beleive, so will see if my bank will deposit for me tomorrow. I thought is was going to be in dollars, but I marked local currency on my EOB. A note of interest here. I checked my EOB on the Tricare site last week and the address I had in my personal profile did not match the address on the EOB for this claim on the web site. So I called Tricare and told them that the computer generated EOB will not have the correct address on it, that the address was chopped up to much. So it all came down too, that the computer generated EOB does not have enough room on it for a long address like they have here in the RP. Ok ....so when I got the EOB today it was in an envelope that was hand written by some on in the Tricare office, this person wrote my correct full address on it. And the EOB in this envelope did have my correct addrss on it. Hope it is clear.....So why was the EOB not in a standard Tricare envelople? Not sure. But it seems that the system works, or this time it did anyway.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Marko,Good to know that the mail system works in the Philippines concerning your TRICARE reimbursement check! I haven't done one yet, but at least your favorable experience has given me a vote of coincidence! Thanks for the info! :icon_GreatJobKao: