Va Care In Cebu

United Army
Posted
Posted

I went to the VA Clinic up at Manila the other day for my annual check up, 1st time there in Manila. Anyway the doctor that I saw wants me to see a G.I. doctor ( gastro) (stomach, bowel doctor ). They will be giving me authorization to see one at Cebu Doctors Hospital, I was surprised. Cebu Doctors Hospital is VA authorized or certified by the VA to see VA service connected problems for veterans. I did not know this and was happy that I could be seen in Cebu vice traveling to Manila.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I went to the VA Clinic up at Manila the other day for my annual check up, 1st time there in Manila. Anyway the doctor that I saw wants me to see a G.I. doctor ( gastro) (stomach, bowel doctor ). They will be giving me authorization to see one at Cebu Doctors Hospital, I was surprised. Cebu Doctors Hospital is VA authorized or certified by the VA to see VA service connected problems for veterans. I did not know this and was happy that I could be seen in Cebu vice traveling to Manila.
Marko,I only have a 20% V.A. Disability and don't require annual checks ups like you, because it has been over 10 years since my last follow up and haven't had any recurrence of my illness! Knock on wood! I will only use the V.A. clinic in Manila as a last resort! I'm not into seeing doctors unless I have too! My last physical last year turned out fine except for my Diabetes type 2 when we in the California on vacation, but that too is under control now and back to normal with my current meds! I just have to watch what I eat and keep my weight down which is within limits. Well here for now and good luck with your followup in Cebu!

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Marko,I only have a 20% V.A. Disability and don't require annual checks ups like you, because it has been over 10 years since my last follow up and haven't had any recurrence of my illness! Knock on wood! I will only use the V.A. clinic in Manila as a last resort! I'm not into seeing doctors unless I have too! My last physical last year turned out fine except for my Diabetes type 2 when we in the California on vacation, but that too is under control now and back to normal with my current meds! I just have to watch what I eat and keep my weight down which is within limits. Well here for now and good luck with your followup in Cebu!
Hello chief corpsmen, combat rescue (I hope I got that right),Thank you for the updates Marco. I will certainly take note on that. As for my SS buddyArt -- now I know where his 20 percent impairment might be. His brain is made of 20%Philippine mahogany!Jake Edited by Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Hello chief corpsmen, combat rescue (I hope I got that right),Thank you for the updates Marco. I will certainly take note on that. As for my SS buddyArt -- now I know where his 20 percent impairment might be. His brain is made of 20%Philippine mahogany!Jake
The 20% impairment is lower down Jake and it's still functional for our SS sessions! SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-004.gif

United Army
Posted
Posted
Hello chief corpsmen, combat rescue (I hope I got that right),Thank you for the updates Marco. I will certainly take note on that. As for my SS buddyArt -- now I know where his 20 percent impairment might be. His brain is made of 20%Philippine mahogany!Jake
The 20% impairment is lower down Jake and it's still functional for our SS sessions!SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-004.gif
You two are too funny!!! Marko HM1/USN HSC/USCG

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well, I see your 20% and raise you.....wait, I can't get it up, it's only at 4 o'clock position.Perhaps I should follow Marco's advice and get my annual check up, which was neglectedover the last 8 years. Oh well, I guest I just have to SS in despair.DOM forever -- Jake

• 3 months later...
United Army
Posted
Posted
The VA never came through for me. I waited over 2 months, sent several e-mails and no response. So I had to get this done on my own using Tricare. What was suppose to be a free exam and tests, I have to pay some of it now...So much for my serviced connected disability and the VA.