Hospitality Of Philippinos

Jose
Posted
Posted (edited)

The thing that captivates me the most is the Philippino culture. The people a very hospitable, they have very strong family and community bonds, and they always seem to smile. I remeber the very first time that I came over to Philippines to meet my (now wife), I was just blown away by the people. To be honest with you I didn't know what to expect when com ing to Philippines the first time. I have newer ever gone to an Asian country before, so guess I was a little sceptical and very cautious. But now I can see how wonderfull these people are.It seems like one can belong among the people of Philippines. I can recall my wifes family, I mean they treat me like I am they own son, I must admit, this is not what I am used to here in Australia. Yes we do have mateship here in the Land of OZ, but its nothing like what I have experienced in Philippines.....Have you guys had a simmilar experience?I guess my next question would be, what experiences have you guys had....Did any of have a bad experience..?Would you guys like to share what what's involved in getting things like visas and other associated paper work to stay and live in Philippines..?Regards

Edited by Mr. Lee
topic split by me

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
The thing that captivates me the most is the Philippino culture. The people a very hospitable, they have very strong family and community bonds, and they always seem to smile. I remeber the very first time that I came over to Philippines to meet my (now wife), I was just blown away by the people. To be honest with you I didn't know what to expect when com ing to Philippines the first time. I have newer ever gone to an Asian country before, so guess I was a little sceptical and very cautious. But now I can see how wonderfull these people are.It seems like one can belong among the people of Philippines. I can recall my wifes family, I mean they treat me like I am they own son, I must admit, this is not what I am used to here in Australia. Yes we do have mateship here in the Land of OZ, but its nothing like what I have experienced in Philippines.....Have you guys had a simmilar experience?I guess my next question would be, what experiences have you guys had....Did any of have a bad experience..?Would you guys like to share what what's involved in getting things like visas and other associated paper work to stay and live in Philippines..?Regards
Some one else already replied about Balikbayan on your other post. As a Balikbayan, your wife, yourself and your children can enter the Philippines without a visa and stay for a year without a visa or arranging visa extensions or paying any money for any visa.No matter how long you intend to stay, it would be my suggestion to enter the Philippines as a Balikbayan and during the year, if you want to stay longer, apply for a 13a visa. A 13a visa does not require a deposit as the retirement visas do and allows you to live permanently in the Philippines and own a business.Your family on Leyte sounds like my ex wife's family on Leyte. They are from Palompon. Where is your wife's family from?Regards; Jim