Divine Justice

Travis
Posted
Posted

why should this guys life be spared when he took 2 lives http://www.cnn.com/2...x.html?hpt=Sbin I have no pity for a piece of trash like him The U.S. Supreme Court rejected a request Thursday to temporarily stay the execution of death row inmate Ronnie Lee Gardner, who is set to die before a Utah firing squad early Friday. The Supreme Court's rejection means Gardner, 49, will stay on schedule to face execution shortly after midnight Friday (2 a.m. ET) for the shooting death of attorney Michael Burdell during a botched escape attempt from custody in 1985 at a Salt Lake City, Utah, courthouse. He would be only the third person to die by firing squad in the United States in 33 years.Earlier, a federal appeals court in Denver, Colorado, refused to stop the procedure, and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert also rejected an appeal by by Gardner's attorneys to "issue a respite or reprieve pursuant to your executive power under the Utah Constitution." But the governor was not moved, saying Gardner "had a full and fair opportunity" to present his case."Upon careful review, there is nothing in the materials provided this morning that has not already been considered and decided by the Board of Pardons and Parole or numerous courts," Herbert wrote in a letter to the attorneys. "Mr. Gardner has had a full and fair opportunity to have his case considered by numerous tribunals."AddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

They shot him this morning. Heard it on the radio. I'm guessing his rate of repeat offense will be zero. th_exactly.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
They shot him this morning. Heard it on the radio. I'm guessing his rate of repeat offense will be zero. th_exactly.gif
Yup Here here is the story and it is just a shame it took them 25 years of feeding him to get around to executing him.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Yup Here here is the story and it is just a shame it took them 25 years of feeding him to get around to executing him.
AddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifAddEmoticons04230.gifthumbs-up-smile.gifyes.gif it should have been done 25 years ago yes.gif