Camigium Island.

diana
Posted
Posted

HiAll help and advise would be greatfully accepted.I am at present living in Davao and although loving it am suffering from claustrophobia as in not living on a beach which I have been doing for the last 20 years in Mozambique Africa.It has been suggested to me that I investigate Camiguim Island which I have done and it seems really beautiful.However my biggest problem is that being on my own I need to be able to be in an expat community so as to have a few drinks and a chat at the end of the day.Where I live at present in Davao it is lovely we live in apartments in a mainly expat community and have a central bar restaurant are to enjoy and chat.Any ideas and thoughts as to whether I go find the same on Camigium Island.Thank you very much Diana Harvey

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
HiAll help and advise would be greatfully accepted.I am at present living in Davao and although loving it am suffering from claustrophobia as in not living on a beach which I have been doing for the last 20 years in Mozambique Africa.It has been suggested to me that I investigate Camiguim Island which I have done and it seems really beautiful.However my biggest problem is that being on my own I need to be able to be in an expat community so as to have a few drinks and a chat at the end of the day.Where I live at present in Davao it is lovely we live in apartments in a mainly expat community and have a central bar restaurant are to enjoy and chat.Any ideas and thoughts as to whether I go find the same on Camigium Island.Thank you very much Diana Harvey
Welcome to the forum Diana. I know we have a member from Camigium so maybe he will jump in and answer your question but from what he has said in the past, he has to go to Cagayan de Oro for the large expat community there because there is not much on that island. Enjoy the forum. :mocking: 

Travis
Posted
Posted
welcome to our friendly group thumbs-up-smile.gif wow Africa neat! thumbs-up-smile.gif there have been some members asking about Davao so it will be nice to have someone from there who would be able to answer them for us. Is Davao safe & are expats really welcome there?

Patsada
Posted
Posted
Hi Diana,I'm Ralph, living since more than 3 years on Camiguin, which is and remains for me (us) the most beautiful place to live in the Philippines.As to the expat community: Camiguin is a small island with all together about 200 (?) foreigners living here for good; there is another estimated 200 (?) who lives here part time.Social life amongst foreigners mostly happens on a strictly private basis, e.g. friends meet friends for bbq, a couple of beers (cokes), for some excursion. As far as I know, there is a more or less regular expat meeting at a bar/sari-sari store but none of my friends take part in that so I don't really know...there are some places where expats sometimes show up but I was never really very much interested....living here, soon you might find out who is who and whom you would like to meet and whom rather not.....most expats live in the area around Mambajao - Agoho and we have 1 Australian, 2 English, 2 Italian, some Germans, some Swiss in our "neighborhood" which means +/- 1km far (or near, if you prefer)...Hope I could give you a first ideacheersPatsada

Patsada
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the forum Diana. I know we have a member from Camigium so maybe he will jump in and answer your question but from what he has said in the past, he has to go to Cagayan de Oro for the large expat community there because there is not much on that island. Enjoy the forum. :mocking:
I'd like to remember Mr. Lee and all other members that I have tried twice to become part of the CdO expat group often nominated here in this forum, and both times I was denied access without any reason given!! No more - thanks! SugarwareZ-024.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the forum Diana. I know we have a member from Camigium so maybe he will jump in and answer your question but from what he has said in the past, he has to go to Cagayan de Oro for the large expat community there because there is not much on that island. Enjoy the forum. :1927_:
I'd like to remember Mr. Lee and all other members that I have tried twice to become part of the CdO expat group often nominated here in this forum, and both times I was denied access without any reason given!! No more - thanks! SugarwareZ-024.gif
Sorry, I was sure that member Mike had fixed that for you but apparently not. Again I am sorry it happened and their loss is our gain. Thank you for coming back to answer Diana's post. I hope you stick around more and help our members with your knowledge.  :mocking:

• 1 month later...
Bananaboat
Posted
Posted

In Camiguin live about 300 expats. We are most discrete and do not disturb our indigenous friends with loud parties or heavy drinking in public places. As Patsada wrote, we invite each other to BBQ, birthdays, and any other reason.We're very multicultural and come from nearly any spot in the world.Places to meet are: Jasmin by the Sea in Bug-ong and the sari-sari store just up on the highway, la Luna pizzeria in Yumbingand the Rooftop hotel downtown Mambajao.Cheers from Camiguin, Bananaboat

Jake
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the forum Diana. I know we have a member from Camigium so maybe he will jump in and answer your question but from what he has said in the past, he has to go to Cagayan de Oro for the large expat community there because there is not much on that island. Enjoy the forum. :)
Welcome aboard Diana!I really admire you for your adventurous spirit living in Mozambique and now Davao.I'm sure both Patsda and Bananaboat will give you a warm welcome to their owntropical paradise. You guys are the trailblazers to exotic places where they only exist in my dreams. I hope that some day will come to hook up with you guys -- I would love to see more of my native islands.Respectfully -- Jake

Travis
Posted
Posted
In Camiguin live about 300 expats. We are most discrete and do not disturb our indigenous friends with loud parties or heavy drinking in public places. As Patsada wrote, we invite each other to BBQ, birthdays, and any other reason.We're very multicultural and come from nearly any spot in the world.Places to meet are: Jasmin by the Sea in Bug-ong and the sari-sari store just up on the highway, la Luna pizzeria in Yumbingand the Rooftop hotel downtown Mambajao.Cheers from Camiguin, Bananaboat
welcome-19.gif it sounds like a nice place to live I may have to check it out 1 day th_thanx.gif