Uk Visa For Wife

Pianist1
Posted
Posted

I am sorry my first real post on here is one asking for information please.I am planning my return to the UK. I have been married to my Filipina wife for two years and we have a biological daughter of just over two. My daughter, as we know, is entitled to a British passport and i am on a UK pension which includes an extra payment for my wife, who has her Nat Ins number because of this. She has never visited the UK.I am certain we should have no trouble establishing our relationship (a problem for some i understand). We have been living together for five years and the only reason for not marrying earlier is because of the delay in getting her annulment from her previous marriage. I am planning to go back initially on my own to get established and find a place to live. This would a be a rented two bedroomed house or flat at first in a nice area of the north west. Can anyone please give me an idea as to what the financial requirements are likely to be before i can succeed with the visa application. I shall be able to send her sufficient funds from the UK to the Philippines to enable her and our daughter to live comfortably while i am preparing the way, so to speak. Even tho i am over retirement age, because of my profession, i can quite easily find work which pays well enough to provide a good standard of living. She is also well qualified in her own field of work. In both instances we can be self-employed. Will not the fact that i am able to send her money equivalent at least to the minimum requirement (150 pounds p.w.) count towrads getting the visa? How much more might be needed? I would have no bank loans apart from an overdraft facility and my master card.I have tried to outline the situation as clealy as i can, and i hope that someone may be sufficiently knowledgeable to be able to give me some idea as to what my target should be. I have heard however that it is getting more and morer difficult to get one's wife into Britiain. The source of that info. may not be that reliable tho! I shall be most grateful for any help in this matter and thank you sincerely in anticipation.With regardsJohn

UZI
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am sorry my first real post on here is one asking for information please.I am planning my return to the UK. I have been married to my Filipina wife for two years and we have a biological daughter of just over two. My daughter, as we know, is entitled to a British passport and i am on a UK pension which includes an extra payment for my wife, who has her Nat Ins number because of this. She has never visited the UK.I am certain we should have no trouble establishing our relationship (a problem for some i understand). We have been living together for five years and the only reason for not marrying earlier is because of the delay in getting her annulment from her previous marriage. I am planning to go back initially on my own to get established and find a place to live. This would a be a rented two bedroomed house or flat at first in a nice area of the north west. Can anyone please give me an idea as to what the financial requirements are likely to be before i can succeed with the visa application. I shall be able to send her sufficient funds from the UK to the Philippines to enable her and our daughter to live comfortably while i am preparing the way, so to speak. Even tho i am over retirement age, because of my profession, i can quite easily find work which pays well enough to provide a good standard of living. She is also well qualified in her own field of work. In both instances we can be self-employed. Will not the fact that i am able to send her money equivalent at least to the minimum requirement (150 pounds p.w.) count towrads getting the visa? How much more might be needed? I would have no bank loans apart from an overdraft facility and my master card.I have tried to outline the situation as clealy as i can, and i hope that someone may be sufficiently knowledgeable to be able to give me some idea as to what my target should be. I have heard however that it is getting more and morer difficult to get one's wife into Britiain. The source of that info. may not be that reliable tho! I shall be most grateful for any help in this matter and thank you sincerely in anticipation.With regardsJohn
Hi John,Sorry I can't be of more direct help but if Boss Man will allow the link, I suggest you join the Yahoo Group BFUA (BRITISH -FILIPINOS-UNION-APART). They exist to help & answer just your type of questions.Perhaps fellow Brit, Singers (Tom) can help also.Good Luck.Uzi. Edited by UZI

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi John,Sorry I can't be of more direct help but if Boss Man will allow the link, I suggest you join the Yahoo Group BFUA (BRITISH -FILIPINOS-UNION-APART). They exist to help & answer just your type of questions.Perhaps fellow Brit, Singers (Tom) can help also.Good Luck.Uzi.
Hi John,It might be best to PM me with more personal details but the skeleton of the process can and should be discussed here to assist others.1st. rule DO NOT listen to Auntie/niece/a neighbour or any other advice. No fixer is worth a cent of your money.2nd RULE reads as rule 1.Instead go to the Makati Visa section of the British Embassy. They are extremely helpful and honesty does pay in this endeavour. IMOThe rules have changed 4 times in the last 3 years. It is also now a requirement that a English language test is passed before a Visa is issued.Keep asking for advice - no question will be considered trivial on this very helpful forum. On a lighter note the only "nice area of the north west" is Ireland. SugarwareZ-007.gif Very cheap property now in Whitehaven though!!! Eagle Tom Edited by Singers

Pianist1
Posted
Posted

Thank you Uzi and Eagle Tom for your prompt and helpful replies. It is always a pleasure to pop into Makati, so i will do just that and visit the visa section.I will also try joining the BFUA group as well.Very best regardsJohn