German Hotel Executive 95Th Foreigner Killed Since 2009 - Pnp

Travis
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=586520&publicationSubCategoryId=65 this makes me wonder why more of one type of foreigner gets killed than another type?MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine National Police (PNP) Task Force Usig said yesterday a German hotel executive shot dead in Makati City last June 17 is the 95th foreigner killed in the country since January 2009.Police will invite for questioning the eight reported girlfriends of Sergio Mazza, 38, a German hotel executive who was killed as he was walking to work Thursday morning.The task force was created in May 2006 to investigate the killings of journalists, but in January 2009, President Arroyo expanded the scope of task force’s mandate and included the fatal attacks on foreigners.Of the 95 cases of slain foreigners, 30 cases or 32 percent are pending with the prosecutor’s office or with appropriate courts and 65 cases or 68 percent are still under investigation.Chief Superintendent Henry Libay of the Task Force Usig said Indian nationals topped the list with 29 victims followed by Korean nationals with 15 victims.Libay said American nationals ranked third with 14 victims. The PNP also recorded the killing of nine Germans, eight Japanese nationals, six British, four Chinese, three Canadian, three Australian, two French, two Finnish, and one Norwegian, Dutch, Taiwanese, Pakistan, Iranian, Malaysian, Spanish, Slovenian and Swiss national.Task Force Usig said Region 3 and Metro Manila registered the highest number of foreigners killed while there were no foreigners reported killed in Regions 8, 9, 12 and Cordillera.The PNP said of the 30 cases that have been filed, four are on trial, one is considered closed and 25 cases are still pending with the prosecutor’s office. There were 59 identified suspects involved in death of foreigners, 37 of whom were arrested, two already dead, two have surrendered while 18 are still at large but without a warrant of arrest.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=65 this makes me wonder why more of one type of foreigner gets killed than another type?MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine National Police (PNP) Task Force Usig said yesterday a German hotel executive shot dead in Makati City last June 17 is the 95th foreigner killed in the country since January 2009.Police will invite for questioning the eight reported girlfriends of Sergio Mazza, 38, a German hotel executive who was killed as he was walking to work Thursday morning.The task force was created in May 2006 to investigate the killings of journalists, but in January 2009, President Arroyo expanded the scope of task force’s mandate and included the fatal attacks on foreigners.Of the 95 cases of slain foreigners, 30 cases or 32 percent are pending with the prosecutor’s office or with appropriate courts and 65 cases or 68 percent are still under investigation.Chief Superintendent Henry Libay of the Task Force Usig said Indian nationals topped the list with 29 victims followed by Korean nationals with 15 victims.Libay said American nationals ranked third with 14 victims. The PNP also recorded the killing of nine Germans, eight Japanese nationals, six British, four Chinese, three Canadian, three Australian, two French, two Finnish, and one Norwegian, Dutch, Taiwanese, Pakistan, Iranian, Malaysian, Spanish, Slovenian and Swiss national.Task Force Usig said Region 3 and Metro Manila registered the highest number of foreigners killed while there were no foreigners reported killed in Regions 8, 9, 12 and Cordillera.The PNP said of the 30 cases that have been filed, four are on trial, one is considered closed and 25 cases are still pending with the prosecutor’s office. There were 59 identified suspects involved in death of foreigners, 37 of whom were arrested, two already dead, two have surrendered while 18 are still at large but without a warrant of arrest.
Keeping in mind I don't know what I'm talking about, I'd guess that Indians are highest because they're involved in business with Filipinos at the street level. Could lead to disagreements. Koreans - who I have a lot of experience with - are probably at a high rate because of their tendency to get drunk and act beligerent, coupled with the fact that they are mostly after prostitutes, and sometimes get rough with their women. I'll refrain from commenting on the other countries since I really have no experience with them.