Ouch

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So will this now mean that everyone should test the waters before going swimming?   SugarwareZ-007.gifJust the thought of this hurts but if it is only used on rapists then that is OK with me, what I would worry about would be the woman who forgot it was in there or the one who just wants to teach someone a lesson because she has a mean streak in her. Anyone think this has a use in countries other than South Africa? and I would have to wonder if a pissed off man might not kill the lady once the trap is set. South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape(CNN) -- South African Dr. Sonnet Ehlers was on call one night four decades ago when a devastated rape victim walked in. Her eyes were lifeless; she was like a breathing corpse."She looked at me and said, 'If only I had teeth down there,'" recalled Ehlers, who was a 20-year-old medical researcher at the time. "I promised her I'd do something to help people like her one day."Forty years later, Rape-aXe was born.Ehlers is distributing the female condoms in the various South African cities where the World Cup soccer games are taking place.The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.Once it lodges, only a doctor can remove it -- a procedure Ehlers hopes will be done with authorities on standby to make an arrest.Continue reading at CNN.com.Condom with teeth

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
So will this now mean that everyone should test the waters before going swimming? SugarwareZ-007.gifJust the thought of this hurts but if it is only used on rapists then that is OK with me, what I would worry about would be the woman who forgot it was in there or the one who just wants to teach someone a lesson because she has a mean streak in her. Anyone think this has a use in countries other than South Africa? and I would have to wonder if a pissed off man might not kill the lady once the trap is set. South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape(CNN) -- South African Dr. Sonnet Ehlers was on call one night four decades ago when a devastated rape victim walked in. Her eyes were lifeless; she was like a breathing corpse."She looked at me and said, 'If only I had teeth down there,'" recalled Ehlers, who was a 20-year-old medical researcher at the time. "I promised her I'd do something to help people like her one day."Forty years later, Rape-aXe was born.Ehlers is distributing the female condoms in the various South African cities where the World Cup soccer games are taking place.The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.Once it lodges, only a doctor can remove it -- a procedure Ehlers hopes will be done with authorities on standby to make an arrest.Continue reading at CNN.com.Condom with teeth
I don't like the critic in the article who's talking about how it "enslaves" women. It's a choice to buy it, and with rape statistics that high, they're already "enslaved".