Long (Ish Term Accomodation Tagbilaran City, Bohol

Oztravels
Posted
Posted

Hello all.Firstly thanks so much for the information on this forum it has been priceless! My wife and I are heading over to Bohol shortly to undertake a three month volunteer project near the Abatan River (business and marketing strategy for a tourism venture). We will be staying in Tagbilaran City for the first week while we settle in but would like to find a self contained furnished house/unit for the rest of our stay. I have found a few properties on the net (mainly in Panglao) but not sure how that would work unless we get our own transport. If anyone can point us in the direction of a contact/real estate agent etc it would be appreciated. Once again thanks for the forumCheersDavid

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hello all.Firstly thanks so much for the information on this forum it has been priceless! My wife and I are heading over to Bohol shortly to undertake a three month volunteer project near the Abatan River (business and marketing strategy for a tourism venture). We will be staying in Tagbilaran City for the first week while we settle in but would like to find a self contained furnished house/unit for the rest of our stay. I have found a few properties on the net (mainly in Panglao) but not sure how that would work unless we get our own transport. If anyone can point us in the direction of a contact/real estate agent etc it would be appreciated. Once again thanks for the forumCheersDavid
Welcome aboard David -- my oh my, how long did you fight to finally reel in that big one?At any rate, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction for your tourism venture.Respectfully -- Jake

Oztravels
Posted
Posted
Welcome aboard David -- my oh my, how long did you fight to finally reel in that big one?At any rate, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction for your tourism venture.Respectfully -- Jake
Thanks for the Welcome Jake.I must say I was surprised that the photo turned up on my profile pic. It must be used on another (linked?) forum I am a member of. Fishing is one of my favourite hobbies while we are travelling Australia. cheersDavid

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the Welcome Jake.I must say I was surprised that the photo turned up on my profile pic. It must be used on another (linked?) forum I am a member of. Fishing is one of my favourite hobbies while we are travelling Australia. cheersDavid
Welcome and I hope some one can answer your questions.In regards to your picture, not sure what you mean as no one but yourself could put it there as there is nothing linked to any other forum.:th_noproblem:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the forum David.  :th_noproblem:   We are happy you like the information our members provide and we hope you will also help others on here once you have gained knowledge about anything that they can use or with whatever knowledge you already have on things in general. Members are what makes a forum great.  :yes:I am sorry that I cannot answer your question about Bohol because we have not been there yet but I am sure someone will probably chime in and try to help. I always find that looking around while in a place is the best way to find places to live and also at the best prices and especially while in the Philippines. It is often hard for anyone to know what another person might accept or like. Examples, we live in a condo in Cebu and I have had some American friends tell me the development we live in is junk and others love it and one friend has already bought a place in our building and another is looking to buy. I set one friend up in a hotel and he loved the place and raved about it, so I told another about the same hotel and the guy hated it, so I feel it will be your best bet to look around while you are there to find things to fit your needs and likes. Just my opinion from having talked to a lot of different individuals on the ground in the Philippines over the years.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

hi david i cant say i know allot about bohol but i have been there b4 , persoanlly i love it to me its one of the best places in the philippines that i have been too and i have told my GF that i would love to move there !, anyway back to your question i have a couple links to real estate you can look into maybe you can talk to them and see if they will do a longish term rental , i find the longer a place is on the market the more of a good chance they will rent it instead of selling it coz its better for them to have some money coming in then nothing at all , this happened to us one time we seen a house for sale and we inquired they wanted 1.5 million for 320q m 3 bedrooms and baths , i talked to the owner and asked what about renting it for a year then decide to buy or rent to own , she got back to us in a couple days and said sure 10 k a month but we decide not to get it , but the point is if you dont ask you wont know ! anyway here are the links i found for you GOOD LUCK IN YOUR HOUSE HUNTING tagbilaran city real estateisland propertiesOldUgly&Cranky :)