Why are condos so expensive in Cebu

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Nice picture of the condos! Why are condos in Cebu so expensive? I know, it's location, location, location and Cebu is one of the island out of thousands in the Philippines that's a magnet for tourists from around the world!I love condo living, but can't convince my wife of that! So, I'm stuck with a small 2 story house! It's OK, but I prefer something smaller without having to hire a maid! :541:SugarwareZ-003.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Nice picture of the condos! Why are condos in Cebu so expensive? I know, it's location, location, location and Cebu is one of the island out of thousands in the Philippines that's a magnet for tourists from around the world!I love condo living, but can't convince my wife of that! So, I'm stuck with a small 2 story house! It's OK, but I prefer something smaller without having to hire a maid! :541:SugarwareZ-003.gif
 I guess the answer to your question can be pretty well summed up in what you have already stated, along with some items off Wikidedia about Cebu and the short answer is, because they seem to be able to get away with it, and because of its central location and it being an island, so there is beaches, diving, snorkeling, swimming as well as almost all that a big city would offer while still having that province feel once right outside the city proper.  Condo prices keep going up all the time from my personal experience, and it is also a fairly safe city overall.From Wikipedia. Cebu has narrow coastlines, limestone plateaus and coastal plains. It also has rolling hills and rugged mountain ranges traversing the northern and southern lengths of the island. Cebu's highest mountains are over 1000 meters high. Flat tracts of land can be found in the towns of Bogo, San Remigio, Medellin and Daanbantayan at the northern region of the province. Its capital is Cebu City, the oldest city in the Philippines which forms part of the Cebu Metropolitan Area together with four neighboring cities which include Danao City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City and Talisay City and eight other municipalities. Mactan-Cebu International Airport, located in Mactan island, is the second busiest airport in the Philippines.  Cebu is one of the most developed provinces in the Philippines, with Cebu City as the main center of commerce, trade, education and industry in the Visayas. The United Kingdom based Condé Nast Traveler Magazine named Cebu the seventh best island destination in the Indian Ocean-Asia region in 2007,[1] eighth best Asian-Pacific island destination in 2005, seventh in 2004 and in 2009.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Lee, You're hired as our tour guide and body guard when Jake and I, with our family come for a visit! You are very knowledgeable about Cebu! Just find us a good bar so you can entertain us with your pole dancing! Mojos all around on Jake and I got the pulutan (snacks)! Tom will bring the lube for the pole!:541:SugarwareZ-003.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK all, I split the topic because we (myself included) are starting to stray off the topic, so lets get back to the topic at hand and remember that this is a classified advertisement so people interested in buying condos to live in, or for rental property for income, should go back to the top of this topic and see the pictures and information that the op has provided.   :541: