Arroyo, Son File Charter Change Bill

Travis
Posted
Posted

I am just wondering if anyone knows if the constitution were be changed how it would effect us good or bad? so it would seem they wish to save their ass but at what cost to us?http://newsinfo.inqu...ter-change-billThe former President and her son, Camarines Sur Rep. Diosdado Arroyo, filed House Resolution No. 8 calling for a constitutional convention (Concon) to propose amendments to the 1987 Constitution.The mere mention of Cha-cha during Arroyo’s days as president was enough to drive militants into the streets and some churchmen to the pulpits to denounce such a measure as intended to perpetuate her in power.This time, she is on the other side of the trenches.The new incumbents in Malacañang aren’t worried, saying they have the numbers to quash the Arroyo proposal if they believe it is not the time to revise the Charter.more at the link above just too long to post it all

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Cha-Cha proposal has been going on for years and since the Philippines has their new President, I don't think their Cha-Cha push will get off the ground any time soon. I don't really know the pros and cons about a Parliamentary type of Government, but maybe those who have lived in the UK, Germany or other countries with a Parliamentary Government may shine some light on the subject as to it's advantages and disadvantages, but not get into a controversial political discussion not allowed on any forums!

Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am just wondering if anyone knows if the constitution were be changed how it would effect us good or bad? so it would seem they wish to save their ass but at what cost to us?http://newsinfo.inqu...ter-change-billThe former President and her son, Camarines Sur Rep. Diosdado Arroyo, filed House Resolution No. 8 calling for a constitutional convention (Concon) to propose amendments to the 1987 Constitution.The mere mention of Cha-cha during Arroyo’s days as president was enough to drive militants into the streets and some churchmen to the pulpits to denounce such a measure as intended to perpetuate her in power.This time, she is on the other side of the trenches.The new incumbents in Malacañang aren’t worried, saying they have the numbers to quash the Arroyo proposal if they believe it is not the time to revise the Charter.more at the link above just too long to post it all
While not getting into politics too much, I think it would possibly mean a lifetime of former president Arroyo at the helm, or at least I believe that would be what she, her family and some who put her in government in the first place would be hoping for, for a couple of reasons, one of which is in order to regain her immunity because her, her husband and many in her government are bound to face many charges now that she is no longer protected by being a president. Whether her running the country again would be good or bad for the country is not for me to decide as a foreigner, and is for the people of the Philippines to decide.  Whether a parliamentary system would be good or bad for foreigners, would probably best commented on by those from countries that are run by that type of system, as Art already pointed out, but since the UK has that system and seems to have many foreigners living there, then it must not be a bad thing for foreigners if the Philippines enacts it to work in a similar fashion. That is a big if IMO.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
While not getting into politics too much, I think it would possibly mean a lifetime of former president Arroyo at the helm, or at least I believe that would be what she, her family and some who put her in government in the first place would be hoping for, for a couple of reasons, one of which is in order to regain her immunity because her, her husband and many in her government are bound to face many charges now that she is no longer protected by being a president. Whether her running the country again would be good or bad for the country is not for me to decide as a foreigner, and is for the people of the Philippines to decide. Whether a parliamentary system would be good or bad for foreigners, would probably best commented on by those from countries that are run by that type of system, as Art already pointed out, but since the UK has that system and seems to have many foreigners living there, then it must not be a bad thing for foreigners if the Philippines enacts it to work in a similar fashion. That is a big if IMO.
Being Australian,I cannot comment on the parliamentary system either as we have a President too,there's the President of the darts team,President of the bowling club,President of the motorcycle club President of ....................:SugarwareZ-037: