What Would Be The Appropriate Vehicle To Buy?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Way back in 1998 since our arrival in the Philippines, we lived in the province of Castillejos, Zambales 30 miles North of Olongapo City, when we got caught in a heavy rain storm with flash flood waters waist high! My little red 1979 Toyota Corolla almost got swapped away with us in the car, but luckily my car didn't float away! The water just got into the floor board of the interior. A few months later, I took my little red Toyota into an auto restoration shop and had it completely restored inside and out! I still have "Little Red" to this day and she is still running well and I will never part ways from her even if I buy another vehicle! post-682-1278036493943_thumb.jpgpost-682-12780365266769_thumb.jpgpost-682-1278036560681_thumb.jpgI plan to buy a more decent vehicle soon and I'm looking into the Mitsubishi Estrada 4X4 truck with either the 2.4L or 3.2L diesel engine, which only comes in diesel BTW, which I'm impartial to because of the noisy diesel engines. I haven't test drove one yet and would like to know if anyone owns one as to give me any info about the Estrada truck. I just like the high ground clearance that the Estrada has, it should do well on those stormy flash flood days!post-682-12780367816601_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

Jake
Posted
Posted
Way back in 1998 since our arrival in the Philippines, we lived in the province of Castillejos, Zambales 30 miles North of Olongapo City, when we got caught in a heavy rain storm with flash flood waters waist high! My little red 1979 Toyota Corolla almost got swapped away with us in the car, but luckily my car didn't float away! The water just got into the floor board of the interior. A few months later, I took my little red Toyota into an auto restoration shop and had it completely restored inside and out! I still have "Little Red" to this day and she is still running well and I will never part ways from her even if I buy another vehicle! post-682-1278036493943_thumb.jpgpost-682-12780365266769_thumb.jpgpost-682-1278036560681_thumb.jpgI plan to buy a more decent vehicle soon and I'm looking into the Mitsubishi Estrada 4X4 truck with either the 2.4L or 3.2L diesel engine, which only comes in diesel BTW, which I'm impartial to because of the noisy diesel engines. I haven't test drove one yet and would like to know if anyone owns one as to give me any info about the Estrada truck. I just like the high ground clearance that the Estrada has, it should do well on those stormy flash flood days!post-682-12780367816601_thumb.jpg
Hey Art,That Estrada 4X4 looks like it could go anywhere during monsoon season. Let me know whenyou get it, Judy and I will properly "bless the back seat" for you he, he....DOM forever -- Jake