Question From & Too Retired Military

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I got an email from a gentleman named James who got my email address from someone who got it from someone else and who got it from someone else   :th_goodidea:   :Policeman:  and who then asked me if there are still any military bases left in the Philippines to which I answered, none that the public is supposed to know of.   SugarwareZ-004.gif Let me know if anyone knows of any in or near the Philippines? The next question was, is there any discount shopping for retired US military in the Philippines and I have no idea but I will expand it to is there any discount shopping in the Philippines or within a short plane hop from the Philippines for retired US military? Oh and yes, I gave him the url of this forum and told him to join and ask the questions himself but that I will be happy to send replies to him that members post, so I hope he joins as I am sending him the link to this thread for him to read the answers himself.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I got an email from a gentleman named James who got my email address from someone who got it from someone else and who got it from someone else :th_goodidea: :Policeman: and who then asked me if there are still any military bases left in the Philippines to which I answered, none that the public is supposed to know of. SugarwareZ-004.gif Let me know if anyone knows of any in or near the Philippines?
  My answer too! But there are converted ex-military bases in Olongapo City, the old Navy Base now called SBMA Free Port and Clark Field in Angeles City, which both has duty free shopping for "Balikbayans"!
The next question was, is there any discount shopping for retired US military in the Philippines and I have no idea but I will expand it to is there any discount shopping in the Philippines or within a short plane hop from the Philippines for retired US military?  
Yes! From Manila airport to Guam, USA at Anderson Air Force Base, they have a PX and commissary there! U.S. military bases in foreign countries like Kadena AFB, Okinawa or Yakota AFB, Japan does not allow retired military to purchase in their PXs or commissaries, it is only for active duty personnel, unless you can get a written permission from the Base Commander to do so or a resident of that country and authorized to use military facilities, but still with written permission from the Base Commander!   Edited by Mr. Lee
to put in quotes to make easier for members to understand