Our Cost For Living Five Months In Oslob

Michael
Posted
Posted

I just thought would give people a little information on our cost. We own our own house, but do not have a car. We used local transportation. Our average cost per month for five months was about 40,000 pesos per month. The highest month was a total of 53,142 pesos. The house was furnished when we bought it. We were there October through March 2010. I did not do a very good job itemizing cost. I bought Gsat for 12,000. That included twelve months programing. I did not include that in the five month average. The first month included a lot of start up one time cost so that is why I only averaged five months. We had more money we could have used so we were not trying to live as cheap as we could. Any medical cost were included in misc. Most of the time it was just my wife and I living at the house. Booze was probably included in household and entertainment in misc.2204 transportation13985 household (cell phone and lots of stuff did not itemize including internet)12390 food (went to rustans at least once a month and the rest local market)1853 electricity and water (we had an airconditioner in the bedroom ran about ten hours a day)(one fan and 40 inch tv with surround sound amp dvd)10176 miscI would deposit a check in the bank at the first of each month. I would not be able to draw the funds out for fifteen workdays. So we deposited a check when we first got to Cebu City. Then the first of each month I would deposit a new check and withdraw the funds I deposited the previous month. There was no charge from the bank to do this. I then either changed my money at the bank or Rustans. We usually hit the malls, ate out, bought groceries and bought whatever we needed in the city. Sometimes we stayed overnight. We used an airconditioned bus for transportation to the city and back.We plan on returning October the 1st.