Yahoo Or Skype?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I prefer the Skype net phone with web cam over Yahoo, because Skype has less interference and has better sound quality and web cam resolution. PC to PC calling is free with web cam and regular calling to any number in the U.S. only averages $1.20 per hour, which is cheap in my book, but we now do the free PC to PC calling which doesn't cost anything. Calling all 1-800 numbers in the U.S. are free too! Our PLDT phone company charges us long distance charges on our home phone land-line calling outside of the Philippines on all U.S. 1-800 toll free numbers, where as Skype is free! That's a big advantage for a lot of retired military families residing here in the Philippines, because most U.S. Government agencies have 1-800 toll free numbers! I just used my Skype net phone recently and called IRS on their 1-800 number and it worked out pretty well like a normal phone call on my PC, but it was free on Skype! We don't make too many calls to the U.S., so buying a Magic Jack device isn't on top of our priority list, but I'm considering in buying a few one of these days as a back up.

Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

Travis
Posted
Posted
I prefer the Skype net phone with web cam over Yahoo, because Skype has less interference and has better sound quality and web cam resolution. PC to PC calling is free with web cam and regular calling to any number in the U.S. only averages $1.20 per hour, which is cheap in my book, but we now do the free PC to PC calling which doesn't cost anything. Calling all 1-800 numbers in the U.S. are free too! Our PLDT phone company charges us long distance charges on our home phone land-line calling outside of the Philippines on all U.S. 1-800 toll free numbers, where as Skype is free! That's a big advantage for a lot of retired military families residing here in the Philippines, because most U.S. Government agencies have 1-800 toll free numbers! I just used my Skype net phone recently and called IRS on their 1-800 number and it worked out pretty well like a normal phone call on my PC, but it was free on Skype! We don't make too many calls to the U.S., so buying a Magic Jack device isn't on top of our priority list, but I'm considering in buying a few one of these days as a back up.
thank you I learned something about the 800 calls thumbs-up-smile.gif