Would Your Lady Save Your Life?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Would your wife or gf save your life?I have read all types of horror stories on other forums about how people feel that given a choice, their wives might let them die and that money might be more important to them than love. Well, a few weeks ago I got to find out for myself if mine would or if money was, and I am happy to report that I am still alive an kicking.I am not going to get into exact details, but I was unable to catch my breath and my throat and lungs were swelling shut and I am pretty sure I only had moments left to live, and lucky for me, my wife had the presence of mind to give me a shot with an Epipen which supplies epinephrine and opened it all back up. I always had no doubt that she loves me, but it seems from what I have read, that so many people who are living with or married to Filipina's seem to, and I often wonder why that is? How do others feel about their ladies? Would your lady opt for your life insurance and other joint assets or would they rather have you around to enjoy life with?

Edited by Mr. Lee

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Would your wife or gf save your life?I have read all types of horror stories on other forums about how people feel that given a choice, their wives might let them die and that money might be more important to them than love. Well, a few weeks ago I got to find out for myself if mine would or if money was, and I am happy to report that I am still alive an kicking.I am not going to get into exact details, but I was unable to catch my breath and my throat and lungs were swelling shut and I am pretty sure I only had moments left to live, and lucky for me, my wife had the presence of mind to give me a shot with an Epipen which supplies epinephrine and opened it all back up. I always had no doubt that she loves me, but it seems from what I have read, that so many people who are living with or married to Filipina's seem to, and I often wonder why that is? How do others feel about their ladies? Would your lady opt for your life insurance and other joint assets or would they rather have you around to enjoy life with?
I think my wife would save my life in an emergency situation like that. However, if I required long-term care in order to live I don't think she would. When she was 4 years old her Father died after a prolonged illness requiring lengthy hospital stays and large medical bills. By the time he passed away, their family had spent every last peso prolonging his life for 18 months. As a result of the financial drain, the family was forced to split up with the siblings each going to different relatives on different islands. She did not see her brothers and sisters again until she was in her late teens. (This is a good thing in the sense that her family is not that close so they don't ask us for money, but at the expense of her being the only Filipino I've ever met that doesn't have a close family relationship)We've both agreed that this isn't a situation we want for our family and that we will forego medical care if it is too big a burden financially. We won't sacrifice our family's future in this situation.More to the point of your question, I do trust my wife to keep me healthy and whole but I'm not sure I have the courage of my convictions. I do not maintain a life insurance policy and she is only aware of about 25% of my assets. I regard our financial situation as a 'need to know' issue and she does not currently need to know exactly how much money we have. I trust her, but why tempt fate?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:) I believe my wife would try to save me, she has nothing to gain If I die and she knows I have nothing anyway :13_4_10[1]:

Hoz
Posted
Posted

Wow,close call Lee. Of courseyou always knew Nila was a keeper. I hope all is well and the incident was only temporary. My wife saved my life when she married me. Maybe not as dramatic as your situation, but good enough for me.In a long term medical crisis we have both agreed NOT to let the other linger. Saw that with my Dad, and she her mother.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Yup Hoz, it was too close a call for me :lol: and yes I know the wife is and always has been a keeper, :o heck she puts up with me and not too many women would, so I really have no choice. 2245_safe.gif :D

brock
Posted
Posted
Yup Hoz, it was too close a call for me :D and yes I know the wife is and always has been a keeper, :th_signs083: heck she puts up with me and not too many women would, so I really have no choice. 2245_safe.gif :rolleyes:
I am worth more money dead than alive....My wife says i can live...for the time being :D

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Yup Hoz, it was too close a call for me :th_signs083: and yes I know the wife is and always has been a keeper, :th_exactly: heck she puts up with me and not too many women would, so I really have no choice. 2245_safe.gif :whistling:
I am worth more money dead than alive....My wife says i can live...for the time being :thumbsup:
I am worth more dead to my wife than alive as well, :D but my pensions would stop, so it would be a short time of more money that way and this way it is a sure income for a long time and in a couple more years, my life insurance will no longer be worth paying premiums on because the cost will go up 10 times after I turn 62 and then 20 times after I turn 63 and so on and so on, so unless I am pretty sure to be dying, like a terminal illness, I will only be paying it another 2 payments. She had her chance. SugarwareZ-004.gif Heck who knows, maybe she will get lucky again one day down the road within the next two years. :rolleyes: :D :1806:

James
Posted
Posted

I would have to say my wife would always put my life before hers or before money, then again I have also made sure that health insurance for us both so we never need to test that theory, hell she would be rich if I go, but then again she is rich now. hehehehe what a dammed dilema, Yes is my final answer, and thats not a shotgun she is busy cleaningjames

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Strange, I posted a few days ago but message gone. Happened a few times now - perhaps due to the server down.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Strange, I posted a few days ago but message gone. Happened a few times now - perhaps due to the server down.
John, I can only assure you that no one deleted any posts, and I can only speculate that they never actually posted because I cannot find any in limbo anywhere. I know I also posted just as the forum went down after I clicked to post and it never made it to the forum either, so maybe that was the case for you as well??I searched your posts and they all otherwise look intact.