Tourist Visa To Usa

4thDan
Posted
Posted

I want to take my wife back to the States for my sons wedding in July of 2011. We are now working on her passport. My questions are....1. Do we/she have to post a bond to get a tourist visa to the US?2. We only plan on staying there 3 weeks, how long is a tourist visa good for?3. If we apply for the tourist visa in January, but not planning on traveling til July...can we specify the dates of our travel?4. Any special hints as to how to cut down on some of the b.s. that seems to exist in dealing with immigration and B of FA?5. Does anyone know the current cost of a tourist visa?Thanks for any and all advice.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I want to take my wife back to the States for my sons wedding in July of 2011. We are now working on her passport. My questions are....1. Do we/she have to post a bond to get a tourist visa to the US?2. We only plan on staying there 3 weeks, how long is a tourist visa good for?3. If we apply for the tourist visa in January, but not planning on traveling til July...can we specify the dates of our travel?4. Any special hints as to how to cut down on some of the b.s. that seems to exist in dealing with immigration and B of FA?5. Does anyone know the current cost of a tourist visa?Thanks for any and all advice.
I believe what is important is that you establish that you and your wife are living in the Philippines and intend to continue doing so. Bank accounts, leases, phone bills, utility bills and any contracts such as showing you paid for cable for a year, which you can do and even get a discount, should show your intent to come back to your home. If you own a house or condo or even land to build on, then the deed would be a good thing to have a copy of.  A lease which runs way beyond the time of your return would also show intent to return, etc. I believe the main thing they look for is that she will be coming back to the Philippines and that your intent is clear, so also show a wedding invitation if possible. Also the longer you have already lived in the Philippines, the more it shows your intent to return, a 13a or SRRV on your part would also prove your intent to stay and I believe if you are staying on a tourist visa then that would be a problem for you to get a visa for her, so if you have not already done so, then get yourself permanent residency in one form or another. As for the time limit, the ones that I know of who had gotten visas in the past, got long term multiple entry type visas. In one post MattfromGa said something about paying extra for a priority appointment, maybe that might speed up the time. I know that MattfromGa had gotten a visa for his wife and said in one post that she had been back to the states a few times, maybe he will post a reply here too, and I hope others will also do so. Next year is a long way off and things might change even by then, so if you are in Manila, be sure to bring your passport and stop in at the Embassy and note the name of the person you speak with so you can quote it next year during your interview. Whenever I have gone to the Embassy, I just show the guard my US passport and walk right in.  Hope some of that helps.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Please be advised that the security measures have changed since my last visit to the US Embassy. Thanks to our fellow member Marko who recently visited the Embassy a few weeks ago:http://www.philippin...indpost&p=25145Respectfully -- Jake