Tourism And Thailand

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

With the unrest in Thailand, I'm thinking that the Philippines could benefit from this, if the tourist who go to Thailand for the bars and girls find its to risky they might head to the Philippines instead.What do you think? SugarwareZ-225.gif

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

The troubles in Thailand will have short term consequences but so far seems reasonably peaceful. If it carries on much longer the impact on jobs could be very bad indeed.I certainly hope the sex tourists don't choose here instead but in any event, it's a small part of the Thai tourist industry, which is huge comapared to the RP. I'm afraid the Thai attitude to business is far more attuned to western values and quality of service.Wish the RP had a King rather than some seedy oligarchs, lol

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I can think of a few who might apply for that position. It's a thankless job but the benefits are good. :lol: This can't help their tourism but in the long run things should recover. The Philippines might see a blip from this but many will probably stay home and come later when things settle down. Unless things get messy then it's a whole new ball game.