Cebu-Surigao-Siargao Corridor Recommendations

Dmason
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hello AllI am a Canadian who has been living in San Diego for 15 years and am headed to the Philippines in January for a 2 month stayto investigate life there. I have become interested in the Cebu-Surigao-Siargao corridor, as I like to surf and dive, like smaller cities and towns, and when first there found Manila entirely toooo big.I would like to hear some recommendations regarding towns in this triangle to visit, that I might investigate living in. My current budget would be somewhere in the area of $1000 but likely my earnings would exceed this handily even by the start of next year. I do not have an ostentatious lifestyle, dont drink much, but I absolutely LOVE Pacific Island look so love is in the mix.Looking forward to your replies, any and all. ~thanks, Dan
Topic split from HERE Edited by Mr. Lee
I split this post

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello AllI am a Canadian who has been living in San Diego for 15 years and am headed to the Philippines in January for a 2 month stayto investigate life there. I have become interested in the Cebu-Surigao-Siargao corridor, as I like to surf and dive, like smaller cities and towns, and when first there found Manila entirely toooo big.I would like to hear some recommendations regarding towns in this triangle to visit, that I might investigate living in. My current budget would be somewhere in the area of $1000 but likely my earnings would exceed this handily even by the start of next year. I do not have an ostentatious lifestyle, dont drink much, but I absolutely LOVE Pacific Island look so love is in the mix.Looking forward to your replies, any and all. ~thanks, Dan
Topic split from HERE
I know we have one member Mr Tropic who owns a home for sale on SIARGAO ISLAND so maybe he will give you some information about that area. I like Cagayan de Oro and Cebu, and Cebu offers most things anyone could want somewhere on the island of Cebu but since I like city life, we live in the heart of Cebu City in a condo.Here is the post I was talking about of Mr Tropic's. 

Mr Tropic
Posted
Posted

Hi Dan,I grew up in Orange County in the 60's Uh I think? Pretty sure, anyways moved to Hawaii for 35 years and now in the PI for 9 yeas. I have lived in several places and Islands and have ended up here on Siarago Island. Like you I love being on the pacific ocean, clean, looks of surf and good swimming etc. Siarago Island is really a jewel. The only Island really on the pacific side that has it all, good connections to cebu, manila, surigao city, lots of beaches, good expat community, safe, out of the typhoon belt . If you get over this way give me a call 0939-609-0658 and I am happy to give you some local info about what your interested in.All the best, Mr. Tropicmrtopic1@yahoo.com