Steve
Posted
Posted

karaoke television

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
karaoke television
yep, it came to me just before :( that's what happens when Ive been around Mr Lee to long,now I'm loosing my marbles.:(Thanks Steve,is videoke the same thing??

Steve
Posted
Posted
karaoke television
yep, it came to me just before :( that's what happens when Ive been around Mr Lee to long,now I'm loosing my marbles.:(Thanks Steve,is videoke the same thing??
yup, same thing.careful losing your marbles, Mr Lee's are all gone and might try to steal yours :)

brock
Posted
Posted

When karaoke first came about,it was on cassettes and you sang while reading the lyrics from a music sheet, then came the discs and all you had were the words come up on screen, That format was cd+g, then came vcd and dvd that showed videos and the words, now called videoke.I first bought my sons a casstte version,Took it down my local pub one night and everybody enjoyed themselves so much that the landlord asked me if I would do it again the following week, So I did, and another publican asked me if I would take it to his pub too, anyway the outcome was that I spent nearly 10,000 pound buying all the right equipment and setting myself up in business with karaoke, I used to video the nights entertainment and sell the videos to the customers for 5 pounds each, Next day delivery in one of my taxi`s when they were in the area, What was a hobby to start off with, ended up being a business in its own right, I used to do it 3 or 4 times a week, But the trouble was I was enjoying myself too much and finished up drinking all the time, and waking up with hangovers all the time, So I finished up selling it to a friend of mine, And he still makes a decent living from it.The word karaoke means, empty voice or something like that....A Filipino was supposedly the inventer of karaoke who was working in Japan, The Japanese then went on to develope it into what it is today....Brock.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
karaoke television
yep, it came to me just before :( that's what happens when Ive been around Mr Lee to long,now I'm loosing my marbles.:bonk:Thanks Steve,is videoke the same thing??
yup, same thing.careful losing your marbles, Mr Lee's are all gone and might try to steal yours :)
:( I resemble that remark  :yes: :) all the time.  :(

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
When karaoke first came about,it was on cassettes and you sang while reading the lyrics from a music sheet, then came the discs and all you had were the words come up on screen, That format was cd+g, then came vcd and dvd that showed videos and the words, now called videoke.I first bought my sons a cassette version,Took it down my local pub one night and everybody enjoyed themselves so much that the landlord asked me if I would do it again the following week, So I did, and another publican asked me if I would take it to his pub too, anyway the outcome was that I spent nearly 10,000 pound buying all the right equipment and setting myself up in business with karaoke, I used to video the nights entertainment and sell the videos to the customers for 5 pounds each, Next day delivery in one of my taxi`s when they were in the area, What was a hobby to start off with, ended up being a business in its own right, I used to do it 3 or 4 times a week, But the trouble was I was enjoying myself too much and finished up drinking all the time, and waking up with hangovers all the time, So I finished up selling it to a friend of mine, And he still makes a decent living from it.The word karaoke means, empty voice or something like that....A Filipino was supposedly the inventor of karaoke who was working in Japan, The Japanese then went on to develop it into what it is today....Brock.
Thanks for that info Brock,I always find it interesting when some one tells a story of how an event in their lives become a sort of journey.Who would have thought at the time by you bringing in a cassette karaoke to the local pub that a business would be born.Good post :(