Boy If This Ain't A Crock

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well as I am a very daring soul (hummmm ... maybe dumb a**-ed would be better) I managed to pick up a nasty virus called "AntiVirus XP 2008" .... not really sure where it came from (maybe Paul or Billie sent it to me SugarwareZ-011.gif ..) anyway it is a bitch to get rid of .... sets itself in Sys32 folder in XP and as you know it is a pain to delete anything in this folder ..... you have to run it in the safe mode to get rid of it ..... there is a neat program called Revo Uninstaller (free) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html ....... run this first ..... follow directions to the letter ..... you are dealing with some reget files ....... and making mistakes can render you impotent ....... SugarwareZ-011.gif ......... after rebooting the antivirus screen is still there ..... and you are missing the screen saver and desktop buttons in your Display Properties ........ this is because the damn thing has it's own screen saver and desktop theme ...... and you will love them ..... ya gotta they come up every 2-3 minutes ..... to get them back go to RUN> type regedit> click on the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Windows> current Version> Polices> System> nodispbackgroundpage .... right click on this then click on modify and change it to 0 (zero) do the same thing to>nodispscravpage ... exit the program ........ now this will gain you control of your screen again ...... you might have to do this several times ..... Now ...... ya ain't done yet ....... do a search for anything that has the following in it ..... phc9q5j0ee5v ...... blphc9q5j0ee5v ........ rhccq5j0ee5v ....... lphc9q5j0ee5v ......... now some of these will delete and some will not ....... especially the ones in the Sys32 folder .... that is where Safe Mode comes in you can delete comes in ...... It has been several hours and no problems so far ........ SugarwareZ-267.gif Now just so you know ..... my AVG didn't detect it nor did it get ride of it on a scan .... twice ..... also DO NOT CLICK ON ANY PART OF THE BOX CONTAINING THE ANTIVIRUS OFFER ........ even the delete button in the top right hand corner activates the program ...... Well time will tell if it will reactivate again a search on Google revealed that some people do get recurring problems with this virus ....... I don't know if I left something out as I spent hours getting rid of it ...... Hey Steve .... got an easier way .......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well as I am a very daring soul (hummmm ... maybe dumb ass-ed would be better) I managed to pick up a nasty virus called "AntiVirus XP 2008" .... not really sure where it came from (maybe Paul or Billie sent it to me SugarwareZ-011.gif ..) anyway it is a bitch to get rid of .... sets itself in Sys32 folder in XP and as you know it is a pain to delete anything in this folder ..... you have to run it in the safe mode to get rid of it ..... there is a neat program called Revo Uninstaller (free) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html ....... run this first ..... follow directions to the letter ..... you are dealing with some reget files ....... and making mistakes can render you impotent ....... SugarwareZ-011.gif ......... after rebooting the antivirus screen is still there ..... and you are missing the screen saver and desktop buttons in your Display Properties ........ this is because the damn thing has it's own screen saver and desktop theme ...... and you will love them ..... ya gotta they come up every 2-3 minutes ..... to get them back go to RUN> type regedit> click on the following HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Windows> current Version> Polices> System> nodispbackgroundpage .... right click on this then click on modify and change it to 0 (zero) do the same thing to>nodispscravpage ... exit the program ........ now this will gain you control of your screen again ...... you might have to do this several times .....Now ...... ya ain't done yet ....... do a search for anything that has the following in it ..... phc9q5j0ee5v ...... blphc9q5j0ee5v ........ rhccq5j0ee5v ....... lphc9q5j0ee5v ......... now some of these will delete and some will not ....... especially the ones in the Sys32 folder .... that is where Safe Mode comes in you can delete comes in ...... It has been several hours and no problems so far ........ SugarwareZ-267.gif Now just so you know ..... my AVG didn't detect it nor did it get ride of it on a scan .... twice ..... also DO NOT CLICK ON ANY PART OF THE BOX CONTAINING THE ANTIVIRUS OFFER ........ even the delete button in the top right hand corner activates the program ...... Well time will tell if it will reactivate again a search on Google revealed that some people do get recurring problems with this virus ....... I don't know if I left something out as I spent hours getting rid of it ......Hey Steve .... got an easier way .......
Hi MikeNow that you have done all of that I recommend you run this cleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/Been using for a long time now.Tom

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir .... downloaded it just now ........ I'll give her a try ...... still don't know why AVG didn't pick it up ... been using it for years and years with never any problems ...... oh well it was a good exercises for me ...... had the computer shut down for about 2-3 hours and when I started it up no problems ...... yet .... SugarwareZ-011.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thank you sir .... downloaded it just now ........ I'll give her a try ...... still don't know why AVG didn't pick it up ... been using it for years and years with never any problems ...... oh well it was a good exercises for me ...... had the computer shut down for about 2-3 hours and when I started it up no problems ...... yet .... SugarwareZ-011.gif
Not a prob, the Ccleaner is just a registry clean up tool but Will help get rid of bits a pieces left over, run the registry tool as well as cleaner.Keeps things running faster too.Tom :D

paul
Posted
Posted

You know, if you guys wouldn't just lay down with anyone, you wouldn't catch these sorts of things. :rolleyes: :lol: