World Will Run Out Of Internet Addresses In Less Than A Year, Experts Predict

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone know how this can be solved without alterations to peoples computers? Maybe new computers should have to use the new format? Experts predict the world will run out of internet addresses in less than a year, the Sydney Morning Herald reported Monday. The internet protocol used by the majority of web users, IPv4, provides for about four billion IP addresses -- the unique 32-digit number used to identify each computer, website or internet-connected device. There are currently only 232 million IP addresses left -- enough for about 340 days --Read the whole story here

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I doubt the truthfulness of the article. Only one named source was used and it's unkown where his information is from. Sounds like another propaganda article to get some more new laws passed..

Edited by Mik

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I doubt the truthfulness of the article. Only one named source was used and it's unkown where his information is from. Sounds like another propaganda article to get some more new laws passed..
It sounds reasonable to me since I believe that no one expected the proliferation of computers that we are now experiencing even in third world countries, and especially now that India has made a $35 Ipad computer and there are so many Internet phones that before long most will be using them as well.