7 Secrets To A Happy Retirement

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone agree, disagree or have some other tips of their own? To me a great partner, hobbies and friends are three of the most important things, and then of course it is very important to have the money to be able to do the things we like in life. Good health.A significant other.A social network. They are not addicted to television.Intellectual curiosity. They aren't addicted to achievementEnough money.The whole story here

Bananaboat
Posted
Posted
Anyone agree, disagree or have some other tips of their own? To me a great partner, hobbies and friends are three of the most important things, and then of course it is very important to have the money to be able to do the things we like in life. Good health.A significant other.A social network. They are not addicted to television.Intellectual curiosity. They aren't addicted to achievementEnough money.
It's not that simple!- If your health isn't so good, you may hire one or two nurses at an affordable rate in the Philippines.- Money is important, but depending of your former active life, you may live here with  much less money than in the U.S. or Europe.- Fine friends and a good social network are very useful and can make life easy, but also a lonely wolf can be happy here.- A hobby, a telly and intellectual curiosity may make your days more interesting, but people also can be happy by doing simply nothing.What I wrote above does not belong to me. I want:- Good health- A lot of projects- Travel and discover- Communicate and exchange ideas- Watch good movies and read books- Eat and drink at 18/20 (Gault-Milau level)Cheers, Bananaboat 

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

I agree. I mean, what good is to say, "I will work hard, retie, and go to the beach", and you need someone to push you in your wheelchair to get to the beach?

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Anyone agree, disagree or have some other tips of their own? To me a great partner, hobbies and friends are three of the most important things, and then of course it is very important to have the money to be able to do the things we like in life. Good health.A significant other.A social network. They are not addicted to television.Intellectual curiosity. They aren't addicted to achievementEnough money.The whole story here
Those all seem relevant.  I also agree with bananaboat, that having projects is important.  Not only will that keep you active physically but mentally as well.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Bugger it! Just get pissed 7 times a day....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Bugger it! Just get pissed 7 times a day....
The American members will think you are going to be angry 7 times a day,the Aussies such as me know that you will be drunk 7 times a day,lol Love it when such a simple word can have different meanings even in Western cultures which are so similar. :AddEmoticons04230:13_4_10[1].gif