Alarming Rise In Hiv Cases

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg and just how many more people are out there that are positive that have not found out they are yet? CEBU, Philippines – Health officials yesterday confirmed that the number of persons found positive of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in Cebu City has reached 150 from January to June 30 this year.150 HIV positive in city in 6 months:

United Army
Posted
Posted
I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg and just how many more people are out there that are positive that have not found out they are yet? CEBU, Philippines – Health officials yesterday confirmed that the number of persons found positive of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in Cebu City has reached 150 from January to June 30 this year.150 HIV positive in city in 6 months:
Yes, I think this is the tip of the iceberg. Allot of people are HIV positive and do not even know about it or just do not care. If I'm correct a person can be HIV positive for many years and does not even know he or she are positive. Really scary....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg and just how many more people are out there that are positive that have not found out they are yet? CEBU, Philippines – Health officials yesterday confirmed that the number of persons found positive of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in Cebu City has reached 150 from January to June 30 this year.150 HIV positive in city in 6 months:
As with any where in the world the real figures would be higher,the interesting thing is that in most cases in Cebu are Drug related.Maybe they need a needle exchange program like In Australia where the syringes are supplied for free and exchanged at certain places,this will help eliminate the sharing of needles.But it all cost money so in my opinion cut down the drug users and suppliers.SugarwareZ-035.gif

brock
Posted
Posted

Tom, I think the drug taking problem in the Philippines is more Smoking, Sniffing, and Pills rather than injection of hard drugs.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Tom, I think the drug taking problem in the Philippines is more Smoking, Sniffing, and Pills rather than injection of hard drugs.
You may be right Brock but that's not what the actual story said, it said that the spread of HIV was from sharing needles.Story ,,,, http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=597462&publicationSubCategoryId=107

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
You may be right Brock but that's not what the actual story said, it said that the spread of HIV was from sharing needles.Story ,,,, http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107
More propaganda in my viewpoint, I doubt that a religious and supposedly strict country would admit that it might be related to the ever increasing sex trade, so IMO it is easier for them to blame it on needles.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You may be right Brock but that's not what the actual story said, it said that the spread of HIV was from sharing needles.Story ,,,, http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107
More propaganda in my viewpoint, I doubt that a religious and supposedly strict country would admit that it might be related to the ever increasing sex trade, so IMO it is easier for them to blame it on needles.
I don't think it looks good to say they have a drug problem,HIV does not have to blamed on either,maybe they could say they have a ladyboy problem,would that look better?Maybe not.

brock
Posted
Posted
SugarwareZ-011.giflmao.gif