Robbers Strike At Mall Store

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

With the economy going down the tubes, I and others, have been predicting a lot of robberies and things possibly getting really bad all over the world this season. A friend of mine was killed a few days ago in his pawn shop and armed robberies here in Florida are not only up in the last week but it seems that the bad guys are shooting first and then robbing. They killed an armored car driver yesterday and have even shot customers in 2 Dunkin Donut stores in the last few days. People really need to be careful.Robbers strike at mall storeCEBU CITY -- Six heavily armed men robbed a jewelry shop on the third floor of a mall along Gen. Maxilom Ave., this city past 3 p.m. Tuesday.The robbers were able to flee with expensive pieces of jewelry, including one-carat diamonds.The heist occurred as police increased the alert status in anticipation of a possible rise in crime during the Yuletide season and the Sinulog celebration next month. Three of the six robbers disarmed the lone security guard of Golden Treasures-Best of Jewelry before declaring the heist and smashing the glass display cases.The heist was over in three minutes; the total amount of jewelry taken still remains undetermined. The jewelry shop owned by Albert Young holds business on the third floor of Mango Square Mall.Read the whole story belowhttp://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/robbers-strike-mall-store

Edited by Mr. Lee

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
With the economy going down the tubes, I and others, have been predicting a lot of robberies and things possibly getting really bad all over the world this season. A friend of mine was killed a few days ago in his pawn shop and armed robberies here in Florida are not only up in the last week but it seems that the bad guys are shooting first and then robbing. They killed an armored car driver yesterday and have even shot customers in 2 Dunkin Donut stores in the last few days. People really need to be careful.Robbers strike at mall storeCEBU CITY -- Six heavily armed men robbed a jewelry shop on the third floor of a mall along Gen. Maxilom Ave., this city past 3 p.m. Tuesday.The robbers were able to flee with expensive pieces of jewelry, including one-carat diamonds.The heist occurred as police increased the alert status in anticipation of a possible rise in crime during the Yuletide season and the Sinulog celebration next month. Three of the six robbers disarmed the lone security guard of Golden Treasures-Best of Jewelry before declaring the heist and smashing the glass display cases.The heist was over in three minutes; the total amount of jewelry taken still remains undetermined. The jewelry shop owned by Albert Young holds business on the third floor of Mango Square Mall.Read the whole story belowhttp://www.sunstar.com.ph/network/robbers-strike-mall-store
Must be more risky to be holding up a store in side a mall, but seems to work :D

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Must be more risky to be holding up a store in side a mall, but seems to work :D
That was basically my point when I posted that, they are going to get more brazen and do things they would not normally do to get money and everyone should be a little extra cautious this holiday season IMO.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

So much for the security check they supposedly do before you go into the mall.

• Like 1